- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
Menu items for categories
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #53055
by solutions
Menu items for categories was created by solutions
Hi Nicholas
I have set up a menu item which displays ALL categories fine and you can see it here. It is working fine
www.fragrancesandperfumes.com.au/index.php/online-shop
I have tried to set up a menu item which just shows ONE category here, (which is on the sub menu)
www.fragrancesandperfumes.com.au/index.p...shop/mens-fragrances
This is displaying ALL products instead of just the ones within the Mens category.
The menu item is set up as a PRODUCT listing and it has an ASSOCIATED MODULE called mens fragrances. This is set as the default below.
Ordering filed : You can select a field on which the products will be ordered. By default the products will be ordered using the ordering field which enables you to set a specific order of display of between all the products directly linked to a category.
What have I done wrong? Why is it displaying products that are NOT included in the mens fragrance category?
Thanks
Nigel
Sorry one more thing. The products have different attributes (sizes) with different prices. In the store the products display as "$3.95 each" which is correct for the sample size and the prices DO change when the correct atribute is selected BUT .. on the product listing page, I would like it to say "FROM" $3.95 and then when it goes to the page and they select the correct size, the price will revert to $5.95 "each" or what ever the correct price is.
Is that possible?
Thanks
I have set up a menu item which displays ALL categories fine and you can see it here. It is working fine
www.fragrancesandperfumes.com.au/index.php/online-shop
I have tried to set up a menu item which just shows ONE category here, (which is on the sub menu)
www.fragrancesandperfumes.com.au/index.p...shop/mens-fragrances
This is displaying ALL products instead of just the ones within the Mens category.
The menu item is set up as a PRODUCT listing and it has an ASSOCIATED MODULE called mens fragrances. This is set as the default below.
Ordering filed : You can select a field on which the products will be ordered. By default the products will be ordered using the ordering field which enables you to set a specific order of display of between all the products directly linked to a category.
What have I done wrong? Why is it displaying products that are NOT included in the mens fragrance category?
Thanks
Nigel
Sorry one more thing. The products have different attributes (sizes) with different prices. In the store the products display as "$3.95 each" which is correct for the sample size and the prices DO change when the correct atribute is selected BUT .. on the product listing page, I would like it to say "FROM" $3.95 and then when it goes to the page and they select the correct size, the price will revert to $5.95 "each" or what ever the correct price is.
Is that possible?
Thanks
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by solutions. Reason: added 2nd part
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 months ago #53078
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Menu items for categories
Hello Nigel,
Can you tell me what did you set in the "Associated category" of your second menu ?
Regarding the price, I think that you'll have to edit the view listing_price of the view product of the template that your are currently using.
Can you tell me what did you set in the "Associated category" of your second menu ?
Regarding the price, I think that you'll have to edit the view listing_price of the view product of the template that your are currently using.
The following user(s) said Thank You: solutions
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53213
by solutions
Replied by solutions on topic Re: Menu items for categories
Mohamed. I checkd the associated category and realised I had not selected it. I thought I had because I selected it on the file tree on the left, but not on the + add on the right. Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds