- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
add a message field to product
14 years 3 months ago #53563
by cymacs
add a message field to product was created by cymacs
Hi Guys
I want to add a field for users to leave a message when they select gift wrapping. This would need to be added before they are redirected to paypal for payment.
Can this be done when they select the product or can you tell me a better way to handle this. We only sell one product with the option of gift wrapping.
I don't want people to create account in hikashop as they will provide shipping details in paypal and we won't have return customers.
site is www.fallinginlovewithbaby.com
thanks in advance
Des
I want to add a field for users to leave a message when they select gift wrapping. This would need to be added before they are redirected to paypal for payment.
Can this be done when they select the product or can you tell me a better way to handle this. We only sell one product with the option of gift wrapping.
I don't want people to create account in hikashop as they will provide shipping details in paypal and we won't have return customers.
site is www.fallinginlovewithbaby.com
thanks in advance
Des
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53646
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: add a message field to product
Hi,
In order to do that, you can create a custom field of the table "item" of the type "textarea" via the menu display->Custom fields in the business edition.
In order to do that, you can create a custom field of the table "item" of the type "textarea" via the menu display->Custom fields in the business edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53728
by cymacs
Replied by cymacs on topic Re: add a message field to product
Hi Nicolas
Thanks for the quick response, but I don't understand.
I created what you said under display > Custom fields but nothing changes.
Where is it supposed to add the field? when selecting product or after in cart. I have read the documentation on this but cannot get it to work. I am running business edition
desperate for help now
cheers
des
Thanks for the quick response, but I don't understand.
I created what you said under display > Custom fields but nothing changes.
Where is it supposed to add the field? when selecting product or after in cart. I have read the documentation on this but cannot get it to work. I am running business edition
desperate for help now
cheers
des
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53731
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: add a message field to product
Can you do a screenshot of the options of your custom field ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53732
by cymacs
Replied by cymacs on topic Re: add a message field to product
here is screen shot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53807
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: add a message field to product
You created a custom field of the table "product". I told you to create a custom field of the table "item".
Please delete it and recreate it for the correct table.
Please delete it and recreate it for the correct table.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cymacs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53852
by cymacs
Replied by cymacs on topic Re: add a message field to product
Hi Nicolas
Yes you did... thanks for the fix, it is now working
Cheers
Yes you did... thanks for the fix, it is now working
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds