- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
Using Shared SSL
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 months ago #54364
by akcreation
Using Shared SSL was created by akcreation
Hi there, I have found this thread on the forum detailing how to setup a shared SSL forced checkout
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/12809-shared-ssl.html#12809
Only problem is, in the thread above the solution is to edit the View Checkout file in 'Display'>'Views'
I cannot find a view file in the checkout. I am running v 1.5.8 has the file I need to edit changed to something else, or am I just missing something?
Thanks a lot,
Keith
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/12809-shared-ssl.html#12809
Only problem is, in the thread above the solution is to edit the View Checkout file in 'Display'>'Views'
I cannot find a view file in the checkout. I am running v 1.5.8 has the file I need to edit changed to something else, or am I just missing something?
Thanks a lot,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #54398
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
Hi,
As explained in that thread, you need to edit the file "step" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views of HikaShop.
As explained in that thread, you need to edit the file "step" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #54639
by akcreation
Replied by akcreation on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
Thanks Nicolas, apologies, I didn't quite understand the way that was worded when I first read it!
I have now gone into the relevant 'step' file in the 'checkout' view and input the following code after the first <php:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
However, it is not working. I have definitely input the code into the correct file (for my correct template), and I have 'force ssl on checkout' set to yes.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
I have tried switching off SEF in global settings, still does the same thing.
Everything just seems to be completely messed up since I put this code in.
Any ideas what might be wrong here please?
Thanks a lot,
Keith
I have now gone into the relevant 'step' file in the 'checkout' view and input the following code after the first <php:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
However, it is not working. I have definitely input the code into the correct file (for my correct template), and I have 'force ssl on checkout' set to yes.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
I have tried switching off SEF in global settings, still does the same thing.
Everything just seems to be completely messed up since I put this code in.
Any ideas what might be wrong here please?
Thanks a lot,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #54646
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
You should keep 'force ssl on checkout' set to no.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #55837
by akcreation
Replied by akcreation on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
Hi Nicolas,
I am now trying this process on a different site which is live. I still can't get anything to work. I have tried setting the 'force ssl on checkout' to 'no', and I am getting an error.
Could I possibly PM you access to my site? This is really urgent as this is on a live site which now won't work, I am happy to pay you for looking at it.
Basically, the problem I am getting is that after putting in the code snippet mentioned below, when I hit 'Proceed to Checkout' in my Shopping Cart module, it is directing to this url
mywebsiteurl/component/hikashop/mysharedsslserver/index.php?Itemid=178
And this is giving me a 404 error
Please can you help?
Thanks very much,
Keith
I am now trying this process on a different site which is live. I still can't get anything to work. I have tried setting the 'force ssl on checkout' to 'no', and I am getting an error.
Could I possibly PM you access to my site? This is really urgent as this is on a live site which now won't work, I am happy to pay you for looking at it.
Basically, the problem I am getting is that after putting in the code snippet mentioned below, when I hit 'Proceed to Checkout' in my Shopping Cart module, it is directing to this url
mywebsiteurl/component/hikashop/mysharedsslserver/index.php?Itemid=178
And this is giving me a 404 error
Please can you help?
Thanks very much,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55895
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
The problem is simple I think.
You didn't add https : // at the beginning of the shared SSL server URL in the code snippet.
Because of that, joomla's SEF system adds http : //mywebsiteurl/component/hikashop/ at the beginning of the URL and screws it. And thus you get that 404 error.
You didn't add https : // at the beginning of the shared SSL server URL in the code snippet.
Because of that, joomla's SEF system adds http : //mywebsiteurl/component/hikashop/ at the beginning of the URL and screws it. And thus you get that 404 error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #55990
by akcreation
Replied by akcreation on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
Thanks for your response Nicolas, by adding https:// this has indeed sorted the url issue to the SSL. However this has now lead to a new problem - now when I press the 'Proceed to Checkout' button, it simply empties the shopping cart, and doesn't go to the checkout page at all. If I press to go back to the home page of my site, the products in the cart then reappear, but if you press proceed to checkout, the same problem, it empties the cart.
Can you take a look at it for me, the link to my site is:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
If you add one of the products from the front page, so you will see what I'm saying.
Thanks as ever for your help,
Keith
Can you take a look at it for me, the link to my site is:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
If you add one of the products from the front page, so you will see what I'm saying.
Thanks as ever for your help,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #56015
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
So it seems that your ssl and non ssl areas use two different php sessions.
Please try to change the "session handler" in the configuration of Joomla and that might help on that.
Please try to change the "session handler" in the configuration of Joomla and that might help on that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #56044
by akcreation
Replied by akcreation on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
Hi Nicolas, ok I have found in the System page of the Global Configuration settings that there is indeed a 'session handler' setting. It was currently on the option 'Database', the only other option was 'None'. I changed it to none, and still the same problem. Can I possibly supply you with ftp access if you PM me on keith.mason@akcreation.co.uk?
Just FYI, I didn't have this problem with the cart until the code snippet was put in for the for the shared SSL, could the problem possibly lay there?
Thanks,
Keith
Just FYI, I didn't have this problem with the cart until the code snippet was put in for the for the shared SSL, could the problem possibly lay there?
Thanks,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #56076
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Using Shared SSL
If that doesn't work, then I don't think that I will be able to do anything to help.
The problem indeed comes indirectly from that code.
That code redirects you from your non ssl website to your ssl website.
It seems that with the way your hosting company configured the ssl, the non ssl website and the ssl website use a different php session. Because of that, when you reach the ssl website, the website doesn't know you and think that you are a new user. That's why you cart is empty.
So of course, if you remove that code, you won't have the problem since it won't redirect you to the ssl website and you will always have the same php session.
I guess that this should be something to see with your hosting company.
The problem indeed comes indirectly from that code.
That code redirects you from your non ssl website to your ssl website.
It seems that with the way your hosting company configured the ssl, the non ssl website and the ssl website use a different php session. Because of that, when you reach the ssl website, the website doesn't know you and think that you are a new user. That's why you cart is empty.
So of course, if you remove that code, you won't have the problem since it won't redirect you to the ssl website and you will always have the same php session.
I guess that this should be something to see with your hosting company.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds