- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 3
Hide Shipping Method in Checkout before Logged In
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #54922
by michael
Hide Shipping Method in Checkout before Logged In was created by michael
Hi Nicolas,
Here is another question - How if I want to hide the shipping method being shown on checkout page before customer logged in?
As it will confuse my local customers
Or my setting in shipping method goes wrong ?
I have local shipping and overseas shipping (zone 2 & zone 3), I added those countries accordingly in shipping zone. In the shipping method setting, I add this zone accordingly to each method.
Thank you!
Here is another question - How if I want to hide the shipping method being shown on checkout page before customer logged in?
As it will confuse my local customers

Or my setting in shipping method goes wrong ?
I have local shipping and overseas shipping (zone 2 & zone 3), I added those countries accordingly in shipping zone. In the shipping method setting, I add this zone accordingly to each method.
Thank you!
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by michael. Reason: insert file
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #54989
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hide Shipping Method in Checkout before Logged In
You will have to configure the checkout workflow option of the configuration so that the checkout displays the way you want (for example in two steps). I invite you to read the documentation related to that option for more information.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55020
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Re: Hide Shipping Method in Checkout before Logged In
Sorry! I still can't find any solution or you can point a link to a similar post.
I try disabled the shipping in Configuration - Checkout, but it will also not show up after customer logged in.
But never mind, I added a line in the language file on the title: ".....in order to select a right shipping method for your location."
Currently, my old site show up local shipping method before customer logged in, so I didn't received any overseas order. Now new site show up "World wide" shipping method, hope received overseas order
Cheers!
I try disabled the shipping in Configuration - Checkout, but it will also not show up after customer logged in.
But never mind, I added a line in the language file on the title: ".....in order to select a right shipping method for your location."
Currently, my old site show up local shipping method before customer logged in, so I didn't received any overseas order. Now new site show up "World wide" shipping method, hope received overseas order

Cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55026
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hide Shipping Method in Checkout before Logged In
Yes, if you remove the shipping view from the checkout workflow, it won't appear anymore.
Instead you should change your checkout workflow so that you have your views in two steps.
Like that for example:
login_cart_coupon,address_shipping_payment_cart_coupon_confirm,end
Instead you should change your checkout workflow so that you have your views in two steps.
Like that for example:
login_cart_coupon,address_shipping_payment_cart_coupon_confirm,end
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #55034
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Re: Hide Shipping Method in Checkout before Logged In
Thank you for your reply!
My new essential version has a difference view as follow, I added second step and now it's works well
But there is still a shipping total shown before logged in, can I disable this as it will make local customer runaway
And there is a "fields" in checkout workflow, not sure what is it for?
Thank you!
My new essential version has a difference view as follow, I added second step and now it's works well
But there is still a shipping total shown before logged in, can I disable this as it will make local customer runaway

And there is a "fields" in checkout workflow, not sure what is it for?
Thank you!
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by michael.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55035
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hide Shipping Method in Checkout before Logged In
If you want to remove the cart from the first view, you can just remove it.
The fields view is only useful if you create custom fields of the table "order" when you want to ask questions to the user during the checkout.
The fields view is only useful if you create custom fields of the table "order" when you want to ask questions to the user during the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55038
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Re: Hide Shipping Method in Checkout before Logged In
Ok, it is better to show only login and registration before customer logged in 
The "fields" for custom field thought is for business version, my essential cannot create custom field for "order".
Everything has gone better now.
Thank you very much!
The "fields" for custom field thought is for business version, my essential cannot create custom field for "order".
Everything has gone better now.
Thank you very much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds