- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
Search Mechanism
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 months ago #55836
by wonderwilson
Search Mechanism was created by wonderwilson
Hi Nicolas,
I wonder if you could advise me of a good search module for Hikashop?
It would need to have an advanced search for example…
Location
Country
Region/County
Town
Subject (short description)
Keywords
Format
Portrait
Landscape
These would all be keywords.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks Darren
I wonder if you could advise me of a good search module for Hikashop?
It would need to have an advanced search for example…
Location
Country
Region/County
Town
Subject (short description)
Keywords
Format
Portrait
Landscape
These would all be keywords.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks Darren
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 3 months ago #55853
by wonderwilson
Replied by wonderwilson on topic Re: Search Mechanism
After a bit of searching - I've discovered the HikaShop Filter - cracking! Do I need to have all the products displayed first as when I have it as a module on the sidebar it doesn't appear to work - try:
www.whitehornephotography.co.uk/index.php/library
Enter 'castle' and it doesn't list anything - also when you view the product page www.whitehornephotography.co.uk/index.php/castles the modules doesn't appear even though it's set to appear on every page - any ideas?
Darren
PS. The module is at the bottom of the page.
www.whitehornephotography.co.uk/index.php/library
Enter 'castle' and it doesn't list anything - also when you view the product page www.whitehornephotography.co.uk/index.php/castles the modules doesn't appear even though it's set to appear on every page - any ideas?
Darren
PS. The module is at the bottom of the page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55901
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Search Mechanism
You need to enter the id of a hikashop products listing menu which lists all your products in the "menu" option of your filter module.
That way, when you select a filter and click on the filter button, it will go to that products listing and display only the products matching the selections of the filters of the module.
That way, when you select a filter and click on the filter button, it will go to that products listing and display only the products matching the selections of the filters of the module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 3 months ago #55909
by wonderwilson
Replied by wonderwilson on topic Re: Search Mechanism
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for this - I've managed to get it working!
One thing - how do I style the form, is it a display file? I want to remove the element style of 100px height.
Darren
Thanks for this - I've managed to get it working!
One thing - how do I style the form, is it a display file? I want to remove the element style of 100px height.
Darren
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55912
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Search Mechanism
The height of the filters, the number of columns, depends on how you configured the corresponding options in your filter module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 3 months ago #55914
by wonderwilson
Replied by wonderwilson on topic Re: Search Mechanism
I missed that! Thanks. Is it the same for the width, I'd like to feature three columns?
Darren
Darren
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55917
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Search Mechanism
The width is done automatically base don the maximum space available and the nubmer of columns you allow in the filter module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 3 months ago #56004
by wonderwilson
Replied by wonderwilson on topic Re: Search Mechanism
I'm not using a module, it's the automatic filter that appears at the top of all product pages - can this be changed to three column?
Darren
Darren
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #56048
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Search Mechanism
Sure. In the Display tab of the configuration there is also a number of columns option for filters at the top of product pages (it's at the bottom of the screen)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 3 months ago #56056
by wonderwilson
Replied by wonderwilson on topic Re: Search Mechanism
Great! Got it working. Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds