- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
Packaging in shipping
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 months ago #56037
by Southcoaster
Packaging in shipping was created by Southcoaster
Hi,
I am thinking of using HikaShop for a small website.
It will sell inkjet prints, printed from users own pictures.
Firstly I want to calculate postage dependent upon total weight (for example if the user orders 100 copies of a print, the total weight would be 100 x the individual product weight).
Secondly I want to be able to add in the cost of packaging (for example a cardboard tube to send the prints in).
Will I be able to do the above things in HikaShop?
Many thanks.
I am thinking of using HikaShop for a small website.
It will sell inkjet prints, printed from users own pictures.
Firstly I want to calculate postage dependent upon total weight (for example if the user orders 100 copies of a print, the total weight would be 100 x the individual product weight).
Secondly I want to be able to add in the cost of packaging (for example a cardboard tube to send the prints in).
Will I be able to do the above things in HikaShop?
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #56070
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Packaging in shipping
Hi,
I suppose but can you give some examples because you don't say what kind of dependence you have upon the weight for the postage... or what kind of cost of packaging ? fixed ? variable ? etc.
I suppose but can you give some examples because you don't say what kind of dependence you have upon the weight for the postage... or what kind of cost of packaging ? fixed ? variable ? etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #56105
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Packaging in shipping
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for replying.
Let's assume my post-it cardboard tube (packaging) weighs 370gm, and each print printed is 3gm.
Let's assume my UK postage charge is £3.00 for up to 400gm, and £4.00 for 401gm and above.
If the customer orders 1 print the total weight will be 373gm, so postage is £3.00.
If the customer orders 20 prints the total weight is 430gm, so postage is £4.00.
Does this help?
Many thanks.
Thanks for replying.
Let's assume my post-it cardboard tube (packaging) weighs 370gm, and each print printed is 3gm.
Let's assume my UK postage charge is £3.00 for up to 400gm, and £4.00 for 401gm and above.
If the customer orders 1 print the total weight will be 373gm, so postage is £3.00.
If the customer orders 20 prints the total weight is 430gm, so postage is £4.00.
Does this help?
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #56161
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Packaging in shipping
So yes, you can do that. You will have to create one manual shipping method per range of weight for your prints.
For example, if you set a weight of 3mg for all your prints with the same use case you posted, you would create shipping methods like that:
from 0 to 30 mg => £3
from 30 mg => £4
So it's actually quite simple to setup for your case.
For example, if you set a weight of 3mg for all your prints with the same use case you posted, you would create shipping methods like that:
from 0 to 30 mg => £3
from 30 mg => £4
So it's actually quite simple to setup for your case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #56256
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Packaging in shipping
Many thanks Nicolas,
I will give that a try.
Regards.
I will give that a try.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds