Skip to main content

calculate shipping fee for quantities

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #56093 by Teto
Dear all

I am experimenting joomla 2.5.x and hikashop for my business.
I sell normal products (newspapers) and subscriptions.

I have different kind of shipments.
1) in case of the newspapers, the customer pays one time the shipment when ordered them.
2) in case of subscription (for example 6 months of a specific newspaper) the customer has to pay 6 times the shipments fee, one for each shipment.
3) the customers may also decide to withdraw the product in person from the physical store (this is valid also for the sobscription)

In both the cases, the shipments fee depends from the region of the customers (we sell in Italy).

Do you think is possibile to do that with Hika?
Could you indicate how?

Thank you very much!
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Teto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56146 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes, I think that it's possible.
In the shipping methods you will have to create manual shipping methods.
You will be able to restrict them by zone in order to have fees based on the zones.
And you will also have to restrict them by weight and use the weight field of the products in order to discriminate between one group of products and another.
You will also find an option to override the shipping address in your shipping methods so that you can create a shipping method for point 3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #56278 by Teto
Thank you Nicolas.
I will try your solution ASAP and then I will let you know.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Teto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56303 by Teto
Great, it works fine, I haven't thought to this great idea! :cheer:

Considering I have 2 kind of shipment fees:
- one for Venezia, Pelermo and Catania (the fee is 20 €)
- one for the rest of Italy (is 4 euro)

I created 2 "shipping zones" in order to have 2 groups with the states involved.
The inconvinient is that to create these 2 groups I have to add a lot of "States" (For Italy there are more than 100 States). :unsure:
Is there a smarter way to do this? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56380 by nicolas
The states should already be in HikaShop.
Adding a shipping zone with some of the states of Italy as sub zones should take less than 1 minute. So I don't see a simpler way to do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56432 by Teto
You are right (again...)

I did the wrong procedure to select the states, now i saw is possible to select more than one state in one time.

Thank you again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum