- Posts: 202
- Thank you received: 2
General question - function of UPS shipping plugin
14 years 3 months ago #56171
by momentis
General question - function of UPS shipping plugin was created by momentis
I have a client that wishes to use the UPS shipping plugin for their store, but I have a couple of questions about exactly how the plugin will work:
1) My client wishes to use the plugin to calculate UPS shipping charges during checkout. However, they do NOT want the plugin to automatically create a shipping order through UPS. They will be actually shipping using another UPS account with lower negotiated rates. Is this possible?
2) Do they actually need an account in order to pull shipping rates?
3) Is there a way to run a "free shipping" promotion while using the UPS shipping plugin?
Thanks!!!
Rick
1) My client wishes to use the plugin to calculate UPS shipping charges during checkout. However, they do NOT want the plugin to automatically create a shipping order through UPS. They will be actually shipping using another UPS account with lower negotiated rates. Is this possible?
2) Do they actually need an account in order to pull shipping rates?
3) Is there a way to run a "free shipping" promotion while using the UPS shipping plugin?
Thanks!!!
Rick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #56199
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: General question - function of UPS shipping plugin
Hello Rick,
1. Yes, I think that this is actually how our current UPS shipping module works.
2. Yes, they will need a UPS account.
3. Yes, I think that you can just set a manual shipping method instead of UPS.
Hope this will help you.
1. Yes, I think that this is actually how our current UPS shipping module works.
2. Yes, they will need a UPS account.
3. Yes, I think that you can just set a manual shipping method instead of UPS.
Hope this will help you.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds