- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 0
Problem: Quantity in paypal order summary always 1
14 years 2 months ago #56932
by shanwell
Problem: Quantity in paypal order summary always 1 was created by shanwell
Hi Nicolas,
when I set "Send details of the order" into "No", the quantity in paypal order summary is always 1, no matter how many items are ordered. Is that any fix for this?
If I want to take the "quantity" off the paypal order summary, I assume I can modify it somewhere at Paypal setting? Sorry, I am still quite new to Paypal.
Many thanks,
Shanwell
when I set "Send details of the order" into "No", the quantity in paypal order summary is always 1, no matter how many items are ordered. Is that any fix for this?
If I want to take the "quantity" off the paypal order summary, I assume I can modify it somewhere at Paypal setting? Sorry, I am still quite new to Paypal.
Many thanks,
Shanwell
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56948
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Problem: Quantity in paypal order summary always 1
Hi,
That's not a bug so there is no "fix" for that. The quantity is displayed by PayPal and there is no option to remove it.
That's not a bug so there is no "fix" for that. The quantity is displayed by PayPal and there is no option to remove it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56954
by shanwell
Replied by shanwell on topic Shipping cost per product
I guess I have to look at Paypal for this. 
Now I am working on shipping cost, just realize I have to set the shipping cost per product.
I turn on "Use the prices per product" and input the "Price per product" = 13.04347826 (without tax). It costs $15 with tax.
I put 0 into the main prize and Tax Category = Default Tax Category.
When I tested in the check out, the shipping cost is calculated per quantity indeed but the shipping cost is not $15 but $14.95.
I put the same amount 13.04347826 back to the main price and turn off the "Use the prices per product" option, in the check out I got the shipping cost $15.
I think there is a slight different tax calculation between these two option, perhaps the decimal digits problem? Can you help me with this, I really need to use the shipping price per product option and the correct amount of shipping cost displayed in the checkout.
Also I found, when I change the quantity number in the check out and press the refresh button, the shipping cost disappeared.
Now I am working on shipping cost, just realize I have to set the shipping cost per product.
I turn on "Use the prices per product" and input the "Price per product" = 13.04347826 (without tax). It costs $15 with tax.
I put 0 into the main prize and Tax Category = Default Tax Category.
When I tested in the check out, the shipping cost is calculated per quantity indeed but the shipping cost is not $15 but $14.95.
I put the same amount 13.04347826 back to the main price and turn off the "Use the prices per product" option, in the check out I got the shipping cost $15.
I think there is a slight different tax calculation between these two option, perhaps the decimal digits problem? Can you help me with this, I really need to use the shipping price per product option and the correct amount of shipping cost displayed in the checkout.
Also I found, when I change the quantity number in the check out and press the refresh button, the shipping cost disappeared.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56955
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping cost per product
Hi,
Try to change the line:
'price' => (int)$rate->shipping_params->shipping_price_per_product,
to:
'price' => (float)$rate->shipping_params->shipping_price_per_product,
in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual/manual.php and that should solve the problem.
For the shipping price disappearing please make sure that the shipping view is in your checkout workflow and that the option "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" is turned on in the configuration.
Try to change the line:
'price' => (int)$rate->shipping_params->shipping_price_per_product,
to:
'price' => (float)$rate->shipping_params->shipping_price_per_product,
in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual/manual.php and that should solve the problem.
For the shipping price disappearing please make sure that the shipping view is in your checkout workflow and that the option "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" is turned on in the configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56962
by shanwell
Replied by shanwell on topic Re: Shipping cost per product
Thanks for the very prompt reply. It solved the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #56965
by shanwell
Replied by shanwell on topic (solved) Shipping method in check out page
Hi Nicolas,
I noticed the shipping method in the check out page, now showing two options. I need it showing one option only.
I initially created 3 manual shipping plugins (based on postcode).
Delivery A = $15
Delivery B = $30
Delivery C = $30
I am pretty sure that before, the shipping method only showed one option, based on the postcode, which is what I want, so the user won't be able to choose any other delivery option.
I don't know why there are two options showing now.
Delivery A = $15
Delivery B = $30
User is able to choose Delivery A even though the default is Delivery B. This is not right. I think this happened when I switched on the shipping cost per product option.
If I don't display the shipping method by removing the shipping method off the check out flow , the check out calculation will be affected when I change the quantity number (shipping method disappeared).
Any solution?
I noticed the shipping method in the check out page, now showing two options. I need it showing one option only.
I initially created 3 manual shipping plugins (based on postcode).
Delivery A = $15
Delivery B = $30
Delivery C = $30
I am pretty sure that before, the shipping method only showed one option, based on the postcode, which is what I want, so the user won't be able to choose any other delivery option.
I don't know why there are two options showing now.
Delivery A = $15
Delivery B = $30
User is able to choose Delivery A even though the default is Delivery B. This is not right. I think this happened when I switched on the shipping cost per product option.
If I don't display the shipping method by removing the shipping method off the check out flow , the check out calculation will be affected when I change the quantity number (shipping method disappeared).
Any solution?
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by shanwell.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56971
by shanwell
Replied by shanwell on topic Re: Shipping method in check out page
Hi Nicolas,
I found where the problem was. When I set the postcodes min & max,
Delivery A -> Min = 8011, Max = 8083
Delivery B -> Max = 8011
Delivery C -> Min = 8083
I think instead I should have put
Delivery B -> Max = 8010
Delivery C -> Min = 8084
That's why when the delivery postcode is 8011, there are two options of shipping cost displayed in the check out.
I found where the problem was. When I set the postcodes min & max,
Delivery A -> Min = 8011, Max = 8083
Delivery B -> Max = 8011
Delivery C -> Min = 8083
I think instead I should have put
Delivery B -> Max = 8010
Delivery C -> Min = 8084
That's why when the delivery postcode is 8011, there are two options of shipping cost displayed in the check out.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #57038
by shanwell
Replied by shanwell on topic move to a new topic
move to a new topic
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by shanwell. Reason: move to a new topic
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds