Skip to main content

Remove "Article" in Popup Terms and Condition.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57121 by XMAster
How to remove the word "Article" displayed in popup "Terms and Condition"???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57129 by tony@10uk.net
I did this a couple of weeks ago.

It required a very minor code change but don't recall the detail.

I found the answer by searching the forum and I do remember I found it quickly, so worth a go if in a hurry.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57160 by XMAster
I checked up to page 20 but I have not found nothing.
How can I remove the word "Article"??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #57278 by XMAster
I followed your instructions:
Display -> View and apply to change: "terms"

My original file:

<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.5.8
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010-2012 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<div id="hikashop_checkout_terms" class="hikashop_checkout_terms">
<input class="hikashop_checkout_terms_checkbox" id="hikashop_checkout_terms_checkbox" type="checkbox" name="hikashop_checkout_terms" value="1" <?php echo $this->terms_checked; ?> />
<?php
$text = JText::_('PLEASE_ACCEPT_TERMS_BEFORE_FINISHING_ORDER');
$terms_article = $this->config->get('checkout_terms');
if(!empty($terms_article)){
JHTML::_('behavior.modal');
$text = '<a href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id='.$terms_article.'&tmpl=component').'" class="modal" rel="{handler: \'iframe\', size: {x: 450, y: 480}}" target="_blank">'.$text.'</a>';
}
?>
<label for="hikashop_checkout_terms_checkbox"><?php echo $text; ?></label>
</div>


I have replaced line:
$text = '<a href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id='.$terms_article.'&tmpl=component').'" class="modal" rel="{handler: \'iframe\', size: {x: 450, y: 480}}" target="_blank">'.$text.'</a>';

with:
$text = '<a href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id='.$terms_article.'&Itemid=8&tmpl=component').'" class="modal" rel="{handler: \'iframe\', size: {x: 450, y: 480}}" target="_blank">'.$text.'</a>';

Add my ItemID (nr.8)

Nothing is change.
When I display the terms I read "ARTICLE" but I don't know where this word is taken

i45.tinypic.com/24zyg04.png
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by XMAster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57353 by nicolas
Now that you have an Itemid corresponding to an article display menu, you can edit the options of the menu and turn off the display of the "Article" text.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57380 by XMAster
All options to display the article are already disabled (in admin panel). I don't know where the text "Article" is taken.
Following your advice I added the ID of my article (8) and the "Article" was still on display but was no longer displayed the rest of the terms and conditions (page blank with only word "Article".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57390 by XMAster
This is a stalemate. I cannot remove "terms and conditions" because it need and it's in checkout step. But I cannot leave the word "article". Decidedly unserious.
What can I do...to solve?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #57391 by tony@10uk.net
All I can say is it worked for me.

Is 48 your MENU ID. That's what I did. Not ARTICLE ID.

Controlling headers/titles is easy with a menu - it lets you set many more publishing options.

Guessing your are in a hurry?

Show a screenshot of what your ID of 48 actually refers to!

Tony
www.thoth-management.com
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by tony@10uk.net. Reason: missed word

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57433 by nicolas
Yes, the Itemid parameter value need to be the id of your menu as I already said, not the id of the article.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57468 by XMAster
maybe I do not understand.
In admin panel (HikaShop) I need to select an article as "terms and conditions"
The popup is open popup and select a menu item and not a menu.
So the frontend get that Article.

The article has ID = 8

I have no menu "terms and conditions." I only have one item and Hika get that item.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #57470 by XMAster
I tried with: 48
Doesn't work

I tried with: 1 (my Main Menu ID)
Doesn't work

I tried with: 8 (my ID item)
Doesn't work
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by XMAster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57479 by tony@10uk.net
Create a menu in Joomla.

Add an item for a single article.

Select your terms and conditions article.

Save & Close.

Note the ID of that menu item.

Update that line of code as explained above and in previous post.

Do not create a module to publish that menu unless you wish to. Personally I think waiting until checkout to show customers the Ts&Cs is a little late.

This is what I had initially, before I decided to publish Ts&Cs as a true menu item and it worked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57493 by XMAster
I'm making everything you said but it's really so difficult?
I think it's a bug.

However, nothing has changed. The problem remains

i49.tinypic.com/2zs8by8.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57598 by foleys

XMAster wrote: I'm making everything you said but it's really so difficult?
I think it's a bug.

However, nothing has changed. The problem remains

i49.tinypic.com/2zs8by8.jpg


Hi!
Same here... Yesterday I still tried everything to remove the "article" but it doesn`t work :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57687 by nicolas
@XMAster : You did well. Now that you have your menu id in the code, you need to edit the menu and in the options of the menu, you need to turn off the display of the title/page heading with the help of the options on the right of the screen.

@foleys: Follow XMAster screenshot and then do like I just said.

It's not a bug. It's joomla who is displaying the article. And it's adding the Article text because in the menu's options, the option to display that text is turned on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: foleys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57692 by XMAster

nicolas wrote: @XMAster : You did well. Now that you have your menu id in the code, you need to edit the menu and in the options of the menu, you need to turn off the display of the title/page heading with the help of the options on the right of the screen.

@foleys: Follow XMAster screenshot and then do like I just said.

It's not a bug. It's joomla who is displaying the article. And it's adding the Article text because in the menu's options, the option to display that text is turned on.




Take a look. All HIDE / OFF
i47.tinypic.com/2rmtmk5.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57703 by foleys
now it worked!
thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #57704 by foleys

XMAster wrote: I tried with: 48
Doesn't work

I tried with: 1 (my Main Menu ID)
Doesn't work

I tried with: 8 (my ID item)
Doesn't work


at your last screenshot you`ve got 168 as menue id?

Edit: Sorry, I´ve seen you tried that id, too.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by foleys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57781 by nicolas
Mmm. That's strange. It works for everyone else but you XMAster.
Maybe there is something else interfering but I'm out of ideas. Can you give a backend access to your website via our contact form (specify this thread URL) so that I can have a look ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum