- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
Invoice Styling
- tony@10uk.net
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 2 months ago #57349
by tony@10uk.net
Invoice Styling was created by tony@10uk.net
Hi,
I want to tidy up and compress the invoice a little - I have already tailored heavily and moved things around but now stuck on final couple of issues.
1) What's the answer to this problem: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/45700...ce-when-printed.html . It is only following a lower case 'w'.
2) The billing and shipping address boxes throw in a blank line after the html legend. I would like to remove this, but can't track down where it comes from?
3) I want to shrink the vertical height of the product list rows. I have tried putting some CSS in the backend HS template but clearly not got it right. I was trying to do a selector from hikashop_invoice_main_div down through Row0 and Row1 but its not making any difference. So what CSS do you suggest?
Thanks,
Tony
I want to tidy up and compress the invoice a little - I have already tailored heavily and moved things around but now stuck on final couple of issues.
1) What's the answer to this problem: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/45700...ce-when-printed.html . It is only following a lower case 'w'.
2) The billing and shipping address boxes throw in a blank line after the html legend. I would like to remove this, but can't track down where it comes from?
3) I want to shrink the vertical height of the product list rows. I have tried putting some CSS in the backend HS template but clearly not got it right. I was trying to do a selector from hikashop_invoice_main_div down through Row0 and Row1 but its not making any difference. So what CSS do you suggest?
Thanks,
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57406
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Invoice Styling
Hi,
1. Well my answer is still the same. I've never seen that so far on any website. But I don't see why that would happen. It's definitely not a problem with HikaShop. I would say that it's maybe a plugin doing that for some reason. Could you to a screenshot ? What system plugins are installed ? Could you try to disable them one by one ?
2. It's probably a return carriage at the end of the address_template files that you can edit via the menu Display->Views.
3. You could try like that:
#hikashop_invoice_main_div .htmlfieldset_products tbody tr{height: 20px;}
1. Well my answer is still the same. I've never seen that so far on any website. But I don't see why that would happen. It's definitely not a problem with HikaShop. I would say that it's maybe a plugin doing that for some reason. Could you to a screenshot ? What system plugins are installed ? Could you try to disable them one by one ?
2. It's probably a return carriage at the end of the address_template files that you can edit via the menu Display->Views.
3. You could try like that:
#hikashop_invoice_main_div .htmlfieldset_products tbody tr{height: 20px;}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tony@10uk.net
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
14 years 2 months ago #57448
by tony@10uk.net
Replied by tony@10uk.net on topic Re: Invoice Styling
1: This never appears in a browser - all looks good. Looks good in Chrome's print preview too. Just when printed from Chrome, the problem appears. It's fine when printing from IE, yet the whole page is printed very much smaller - too small. So maybe a Chrome thing, though can't find anyone else having this except that one other forum person. I only have the default system plugins enabled plus Akeeba. I've tested on several PCs and printers.
2: This isn't at the end of the address - it's at the beginning. Attached screenshot.
3: I've been trying to add the CSS into Hikashops backend CSS file with no luck. Should I be adding this to Bluestork backend joomla CSS template? I can't see any reference to any HS CSS being used on the invoice?
2: This isn't at the end of the address - it's at the beginning. Attached screenshot.
3: I've been trying to add the CSS into Hikashops backend CSS file with no luck. Should I be adding this to Bluestork backend joomla CSS template? I can't see any reference to any HS CSS being used on the invoice?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57514
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Invoice Styling
1. Ah ok ! That's why ! Then, it might be because you're displaying your back end with a zoom. Could you make sure that you don't have any zoom on the page before trying to print ? Sometimes the zooming can lead to strange results like that. Just press CTRL+0 on your keyboard to reset the zoom of your browser
2. It's the same answer. Check that you don't have any return carriage before the address tags in the address_template files. You can remove the file comment header.
3. In the HikaShop back end CSS file is fine. Did you flush your browser's cache after doing the modification ? Also, I didn't test the CSS. That's just what I would try first, so it's possible that it doesn't work. But alternatively, you can directly edit the "invoice" file of the "order" view via Display->Views and add your CSS inlined in the HTML.
2. It's the same answer. Check that you don't have any return carriage before the address tags in the address_template files. You can remove the file comment header.
3. In the HikaShop back end CSS file is fine. Did you flush your browser's cache after doing the modification ? Also, I didn't test the CSS. That's just what I would try first, so it's possible that it doesn't work. But alternatively, you can directly edit the "invoice" file of the "order" view via Display->Views and add your CSS inlined in the HTML.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tony@10uk.net
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
14 years 2 months ago #57838
by tony@10uk.net
Replied by tony@10uk.net on topic Re: Invoice Styling
1: Totally given up on this one. Changed font families, sizes and everything else I could think of!!!! No difference - not a huge deal, but a little annoying.
2: SORTED!!!!!!!! I've looked at this for hours and then realised that {address_company} was first line in the view - I don't even capture this! D'oh! Feel stupid lol.
3: SORTED!!!!!!!! OK, I've done it with some inline styling - not a fan of this, but it works.
Thanks Nicolas.
2: SORTED!!!!!!!! I've looked at this for hours and then realised that {address_company} was first line in the view - I don't even capture this! D'oh! Feel stupid lol.
3: SORTED!!!!!!!! OK, I've done it with some inline styling - not a fan of this, but it works.
Thanks Nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #64236
by webedge
Replied by webedge on topic Re: Invoice Styling
Tony did you ever sort this out with regards to the lower case w?
We still have this problem, have tried multiple font families, printers, browsers, etc - nothing. Makes our invoices look a bit silly to be honest.
We still have this problem, have tried multiple font families, printers, browsers, etc - nothing. Makes our invoices look a bit silly to be honest.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tony@10uk.net
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
14 years 1 month ago #64284
by tony@10uk.net
Replied by tony@10uk.net on topic Re: Invoice Styling
I have not solved. I tried everything and just couldn't track down why it is happening.
It is pretty clear that the wider HS community don't see this, but again I can't work out why I am different.
Particularly annoying as one client lives in a place with LOADS of lower case 'w' in their address and products!
They have asked me to fix, but I have put down the list of things to do - I will have to try again at some point and not looking forward to it lol.
I guess my next steps are
- to create a dummy invoice php and see if it happens with some really simple hard coded text.
- have a look at the popup code.
- have a look at the main div CSS.
- have a look at the print button.
- see if I can replicate on the demo site.
- thrash around wildly in the dark lol
Tony
It is pretty clear that the wider HS community don't see this, but again I can't work out why I am different.
Particularly annoying as one client lives in a place with LOADS of lower case 'w' in their address and products!
They have asked me to fix, but I have put down the list of things to do - I will have to try again at some point and not looking forward to it lol.
I guess my next steps are
- to create a dummy invoice php and see if it happens with some really simple hard coded text.
- have a look at the popup code.
- have a look at the main div CSS.
- have a look at the print button.
- see if I can replicate on the demo site.
- thrash around wildly in the dark lol
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #64414
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Invoice Styling
I would recommend to disable the system plugins one by one on the website. Maybe it comes from one which process the output of the pages.
Also, it might come from your backend template. Are you using a special template ? The component.php file of the template might be creating that issue.
Also, it might come from your backend template. Are you using a special template ? The component.php file of the template might be creating that issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tony@10uk.net
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
14 years 1 month ago #64423
by tony@10uk.net
Replied by tony@10uk.net on topic Re: Invoice Styling
Thanks Nicholas. I will try that.
But I have very few plugins other than the standard set.
My template was built within artisteer 3 that I then changed slightly to include new positions.
Webedge - any chance you are using artisteer? Perhaps a common theme?
Tony.
But I have very few plugins other than the standard set.
My template was built within artisteer 3 that I then changed slightly to include new positions.
Webedge - any chance you are using artisteer? Perhaps a common theme?
Tony.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 weeks ago #64548
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Invoice Styling
I'm talking about the backend template, not the frontend template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds