- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping methods and categories
What I need to do is have a different shipping cost for different items in different categories.
I have 2 categories, the products in each category have different shipping costs.
I am using the manual shipping plugin and have differentiated between the two categories by using volume for one and weight for the other.
The problem arises when two products, one from each category is added to the cart. The plugin uses the shipping cost of the first item loaded into the cart and although it shows both shipping costs you can only select 1.
I can see the 'Use the prices per product' option, however I cannot see if you can add this to specific products or if it is for all products.
Hika 1.5.8 Joomla 2.5.6
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You maybe should use the "Use the prices per product" option because it will enable you to use a specific shipping price for each products, you'll just have to :
- Enable the "Use the prices per product" option of your manual shipping method.
- Go to each product page and set a new shipping price into the "Shipping prices" tab.
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This does not seem to be working for me, I can see the shipping section at the bottom of the product listing however I cannot add the shipping, I can see a green cross but not the text ADD as on the others.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
- use the green cross button
- add a minimum quantity and a price
- save
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you please :
- Active the joomla debug mode ("Administration->Global configuration->System->Debug System/Language")
- SET a new shipping price into the "Shipping prices" tab and SAVE
- Tell me if it display an error message
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'shipping_fee_value' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT IGNORE INTO r85qa_hikashop_shipping_price (`shipping_id`,`shipping_price_ref_id`,`shipping_price_ref_type`,`shipping_price_min_quantity`,`shipping_price_value`,`shipping_fee_value`) VALUES (7,160,'product',1,10,0)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The simplest is to delete that table via PHPMyAdmin, donwload HikaShop from our website and install again HikaShop on your website. That should add back that table and hopefully fix the error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's the file tables.sql in the folder back of the installation package.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I added the table which now shows up the shipping on the product page, however it does not seem to work for me. Keep getting the "The cart items combined volume is too big for all the possible shipping methods" error.
The product has no weight and no size values.
The Use the prices per product is set to yes.
I add the price and a min and max price.
Add product to cart and get the above error
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please note that this is an 'upgrade' Hikashop on a test machine.
Might be something to double check.
JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'shipping_fee_value' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT IGNORE INTO igd3f_hikashop_shipping_price (`shipping_id`,`shipping_price_ref_id`,`shipping_price_ref_type`,`shipping_price_min_quantity`,`shipping_price_value`,`shipping_fee_value`) VALUES (2,9,'product',1,127,5.95)
Checking the table, I am missing the last field: "shipping_fee_value"
Fixed the Table and it now works.
Bastiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.