- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 4
how to create filters with products...
14 years 2 months ago #58467
by bluewave
how to create filters with products... was created by bluewave
Hello,
I am running into a situation for how to create this....
I am building a website for loose diamonds. I have created the category, and the sub-categories based on size. However, I need to add color, clarity, and cut to each product. THEN, i would like to be able to create a filter module that I can place on the left hand side (cursor) and allow customers to be able to sort by color, clairty, cut.
IN addition, I would like to be able to sort by price. (Note: I have coded out the filters that occur at the top of the products listing already).
Thanks,
S
I am running into a situation for how to create this....
I am building a website for loose diamonds. I have created the category, and the sub-categories based on size. However, I need to add color, clarity, and cut to each product. THEN, i would like to be able to create a filter module that I can place on the left hand side (cursor) and allow customers to be able to sort by color, clairty, cut.
IN addition, I would like to be able to sort by price. (Note: I have coded out the filters that occur at the top of the products listing already).
Thanks,
S
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58516
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
You can create custom fields of the table "product" via Display->Custom fields in order to select/enter the color/clarity/cut information for each product.
Then, you can create filters on these fields via the menu Display->Filters. You can also have a sorting filter on the price by creating one there.
This will require the Business edition of HikaShop.
Then, you can create filters on these fields via the menu Display->Filters. You can also have a sorting filter on the price by creating one there.
This will require the Business edition of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58556
by bluewave
Replied by bluewave on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
THanks.
Yes, I have the business edition. I think I get it. I have something working. Hopefully tonight I can master it and figure out exactly how its all working. I'm rereading the support doc's again for these areas and hopefully tie it all together tonight.
Yes, I have the business edition. I think I get it. I have something working. Hopefully tonight I can master it and figure out exactly how its all working. I'm rereading the support doc's again for these areas and hopefully tie it all together tonight.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #58566
by bluewave
Replied by bluewave on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
Hi,
Ok, so i think i am getting close. I created custom field. Then a filter. Then I go to the product and to bottom of the back-end product page and see the custom field with selections. HOWEVER, only one custom field is showing up (clarity). The others are not showing up (cut and color). ????
Ok, so i think i am getting close. I created custom field. Then a filter. Then I go to the product and to bottom of the back-end product page and see the custom field with selections. HOWEVER, only one custom field is showing up (clarity). The others are not showing up (cut and color). ????
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by bluewave.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58635
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
Can you do a screenshot of the options screen of your custom fields so that we can see how you configured them ?
There must be a problem in their configuration.
There must be a problem in their configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58714
by bluewave
Replied by bluewave on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
I have attached three screenshots. First one is the options for "color" which is not appearing in the product page. The second is for "clarity" which is working well and appearing on product page. And third is the bottom of the product page where the selection can be made on back-end for each product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58715
by bluewave
Replied by bluewave on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
the field for "cut" is also not showing up. I have attached a picture for this also (just like color that doesnt show).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #58718
by bluewave
Replied by bluewave on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
a
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by bluewave.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58770
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
In your custom fields, please set the option "display limited to" to "all" and then try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #59002
by bluewave
Replied by bluewave on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
whoops. nevermind.
ok, got everything working. very well put together system. ! thanks for help!
I just needed to do a few things, including designate a pixel size other than 0 , also.
ok, got everything working. very well put together system. ! thanks for help!
I just needed to do a few things, including designate a pixel size other than 0 , also.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by bluewave.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 223
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 weeks ago #66099
by plumbingdeals
Replied by plumbingdeals on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
bluewave...
if i may ask, what is the url for your site.
i need to do filters very similar to what you describe, and would like to see a site with multiple filters.
thank you,
plumbingdeals
if i may ask, what is the url for your site.
i need to do filters very similar to what you describe, and would like to see a site with multiple filters.
thank you,
plumbingdeals
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66102
by bluewave
Replied by bluewave on topic Re: how to create filters with products...
plumbingdeals,
my site is currently still under construction and private. I should have it up and publicly available in about 1 to 2 weeks...
my site is currently still under construction and private. I should have it up and publicly available in about 1 to 2 weeks...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds