- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
Uploading Characteristics with Products
14 years 2 months ago #58574
by evolution
Uploading Characteristics with Products was created by evolution
I have a number of characteristics for my products that have the same “Name”, but a different “Alias”.
For example, I have a characteristic called “Size” and with an alias of “Size_Shoe_UK”, and I have another characteristic called “Size” and with an alias of “Size_Shirts”. Values for “Size_Shoe_UK” might be (8,9,10,11,12) whereas values for “Size_Shirts” might be (Small, Medium, Large). The name is “Size” because that is what the customer sees when they are shopping, it is assumed that if they are looking for shoes, they know that “Size” refers to the shoe size and they are looking as shoes and that “Size” refers to shirt size when looking at shirts.
When I do a product import from CSV, the column only allows for “Size” and does not allow me to differentiate based on the alias. I have tried using the alias in the column header, but I get an error message.
As a work-around, I renamed all of the “Size” names to be the same as their alias, used the alias as the column name on the import, imported the data and then changed the names back to “Size”. This is not practical once the site goes into production.
Is there an easy way to import products will identical characteristic names, but different aliases and underlying value sets?
For example, I have a characteristic called “Size” and with an alias of “Size_Shoe_UK”, and I have another characteristic called “Size” and with an alias of “Size_Shirts”. Values for “Size_Shoe_UK” might be (8,9,10,11,12) whereas values for “Size_Shirts” might be (Small, Medium, Large). The name is “Size” because that is what the customer sees when they are shopping, it is assumed that if they are looking for shoes, they know that “Size” refers to the shoe size and they are looking as shoes and that “Size” refers to shirt size when looking at shirts.
When I do a product import from CSV, the column only allows for “Size” and does not allow me to differentiate based on the alias. I have tried using the alias in the column header, but I get an error message.
As a work-around, I renamed all of the “Size” names to be the same as their alias, used the alias as the column name on the import, imported the data and then changed the names back to “Size”. This is not practical once the site goes into production.
Is there an easy way to import products will identical characteristic names, but different aliases and underlying value sets?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58645
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Uploading Characteristics with Products
Hi,
We didn't thought about the import when we added the alias to characteristics.
Please try to replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/characteristic.php by the one enclosed and it should allow you to import products using aliases.
We didn't thought about the import when we added the alias to characteristics.
Please try to replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/characteristic.php by the one enclosed and it should allow you to import products using aliases.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58691
by evolution
Replied by evolution on topic Re: Uploading Characteristics with Products
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the quick response to this issue.
I did a simple test this morning and it seemed to go fine. I'll do some more extensive testing with my entire database at a later date.
Best Regards.
Thanks for the quick response to this issue.
I did a simple test this morning and it seemed to go fine. I'll do some more extensive testing with my entire database at a later date.
Best Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds