- Posts: 151
- Thank you received: 9
Can I have a "product" for access to the site?
14 years 2 months ago #59046
by Maurice
Can I have a "product" for access to the site? was created by Maurice
Hi,
Can I have a product that offers access to the website?
When the buyer buys this "product", he actually buys his/her login code to have access via the Joomla Login to content behind this login.
Thank you,
Maurice
Can I have a product that offers access to the website?
When the buyer buys this "product", he actually buys his/her login code to have access via the Joomla Login to content behind this login.
Thank you,
Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59098
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can I have a "product" for access to the site?
Hi,
Yes, you can do that with the Business edition by setting the option "user group after purchase" in the options screen of your product.
You will configure there a user group which will be added to each user buying that product and you will restrict your paid menus/content to that user group so that they will appear to the user when he logs in with the user group attached to his account.
Yes, you can do that with the Business edition by setting the option "user group after purchase" in the options screen of your product.
You will configure there a user group which will be added to each user buying that product and you will restrict your paid menus/content to that user group so that they will appear to the user when he logs in with the user group attached to his account.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #60080
by Maurice
Replied by Maurice on topic Re: Can I have a "product" for access to the site?
Hi Nicolas,
Of course each user is always added to the "Registered" group because he/she registers at the shop itself (Joomla account).
So in fact ALL users who buy anything, will be put in that group.
So I needed another group, especially for this product, which is a service.
I have added two extra usergroups from which I have selected one in the product setting. The idea is that the user is added to this group after purchase.
Unfortunately this does not work. After purchase, the user is still in the "Registered" group.
What am I doing wrong?
Kind regards,
Maurice
See the attached image for the product properties.
Of course each user is always added to the "Registered" group because he/she registers at the shop itself (Joomla account).
So in fact ALL users who buy anything, will be put in that group.
So I needed another group, especially for this product, which is a service.
I have added two extra usergroups from which I have selected one in the product setting. The idea is that the user is added to this group after purchase.
Unfortunately this does not work. After purchase, the user is still in the "Registered" group.
What am I doing wrong?
Kind regards,
Maurice
See the attached image for the product properties.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Maurice.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60163
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can I have a "product" for access to the site?
Is the order status confirmed ? If not it means that the payment notification from the payment gateway was not received by HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Also please check that the hikashop group plugin is published and that its access level is public.
Finally, if you're using a payment method were the payment happens on your website during the checkout, you should try to add the code:
before the line:
function onAfterOrderUpdate(&$order,&$send_email){
in the file plugins/hikashop/group/group.php
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Also please check that the hikashop group plugin is published and that its access level is public.
Finally, if you're using a payment method were the payment happens on your website during the checkout, you should try to add the code:
Code:
function onAfterOrderCreate( &$order,&$send_email){
return $this->onAfterOrderUpdate( $order,$send_email);
}
function onAfterOrderUpdate(&$order,&$send_email){
in the file plugins/hikashop/group/group.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60166
by Maurice
Replied by Maurice on topic Re: Can I have a "product" for access to the site?
Hi Nicolas,
As a matter of fact the product is free. I checked and the orders are indeed confirmed.
The hikashop group plugin is published and its access level is public.
Adding the code did the trick! So thank you for that.
Note that the path where this file resides is: plugins/hikashop/group.php
Great solution! Thanks!
Maurice
As a matter of fact the product is free. I checked and the orders are indeed confirmed.
The hikashop group plugin is published and its access level is public.
Adding the code did the trick! So thank you for that.
Note that the path where this file resides is: plugins/hikashop/group.php
Great solution! Thanks!
Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds