- Posts: 151
- Thank you received: 9
How to disable the address for a download?
14 years 2 months ago #59200
by Maurice
How to disable the address for a download? was created by Maurice
Hi,
Our shop offers physical and downloadable products.
When a downloadable product is added to the cart, the shipping section disappears from the checkout page, whch is good.
However, customers still needs to enter their address, etc.
In config I have this checkout procedure:
cart_coupon_shipping_payment_login_address_fields_terms_status_confirm,end
I use NO Login, and NO registration.
So how do I disable the address part in the "login" section from the checkout process when no address is needed (download)?
Maurice
Our shop offers physical and downloadable products.
When a downloadable product is added to the cart, the shipping section disappears from the checkout page, whch is good.
However, customers still needs to enter their address, etc.
In config I have this checkout procedure:
cart_coupon_shipping_payment_login_address_fields_terms_status_confirm,end
I use NO Login, and NO registration.
So how do I disable the address part in the "login" section from the checkout process when no address is needed (download)?
Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59244
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to disable the address for a download?
Hi,
There is no option for that.
If you sell both physical and downloadable goods, I don't see a way to disable the billing address only for downloadable goods. The system hasn't been made to handle that.
I think that I most countries you are required to get the billing address of the user even for downloadable goods. If you don't get any address, you don't know if the customer should or should not pay taxes since it depends on the country/state he is from.
There is no option for that.
If you sell both physical and downloadable goods, I don't see a way to disable the billing address only for downloadable goods. The system hasn't been made to handle that.
I think that I most countries you are required to get the billing address of the user even for downloadable goods. If you don't get any address, you don't know if the customer should or should not pay taxes since it depends on the country/state he is from.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59296
by Maurice
Replied by Maurice on topic Re: How to disable the address for a download?
Hi Nicolas,
Besides the legal tax issue, I think it would be handy to have such an option.
Our customers are from The Netherlands and they always have to pay taxes. (the downloads are in the Dutch language)
So if they want a downloadable product, it would be great if they can have a super fast checkout.
a Name and e-mail is enough to have, in that case. Maybe a tickbox somewhere?
Kind regards,
Maurice
Besides the legal tax issue, I think it would be handy to have such an option.
Our customers are from The Netherlands and they always have to pay taxes. (the downloads are in the Dutch language)
So if they want a downloadable product, it would be great if they can have a super fast checkout.
a Name and e-mail is enough to have, in that case. Maybe a tickbox somewhere?
Kind regards,
Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59336
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to disable the address for a download?
Yes but taxes were just an example. See, you can also limit payment methods per zone. If you don't have an address to can't do that.
Also, for new users, you might still want to get their billing address when they first register so that you have it already next time they come around.
An option would be necessary so that both ways could be possible. It's not a priority for now but we can always add it to the todo list.
Also, for new users, you might still want to get their billing address when they first register so that you have it already next time they come around.
An option would be necessary so that both ways could be possible. It's not a priority for now but we can always add it to the todo list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds