- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 5
Control display of modules in product page
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #59848
by Foxworks
Control display of modules in product page was created by Foxworks
I would like to be able to choose which modules to display on my product pages.
Right now I am using a menu that is made up as follows
- Webshop (links to article)
-- Category 1 (links to HikaShop » Products listing of products in category 1)
-- Category 2 (links to HikaShop » Products listing of products in category 1)
I am displaying certain modules on the Webshop and Category 1 and Category 2 pages using the Menu Assignment in Joomla. I do not want these modules (a navigation menu with the category names in a sidebar and a large header image for the category page) to show up on the individual product pages. It seems that the product pages in Hikashop always use the module assignments of the parent page from which it was navigated to. I would like to know if there is any way to change this default behaviour end change which modules are displayed on the product pages to control exactly what is shown.
Regards,
Chris
Right now I am using a menu that is made up as follows
- Webshop (links to article)
-- Category 1 (links to HikaShop » Products listing of products in category 1)
-- Category 2 (links to HikaShop » Products listing of products in category 1)
I am displaying certain modules on the Webshop and Category 1 and Category 2 pages using the Menu Assignment in Joomla. I do not want these modules (a navigation menu with the category names in a sidebar and a large header image for the category page) to show up on the individual product pages. It seems that the product pages in Hikashop always use the module assignments of the parent page from which it was navigated to. I would like to know if there is any way to change this default behaviour end change which modules are displayed on the product pages to control exactly what is shown.
Regards,
Chris
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Foxworks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59948
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Control display of modules in product page
When you reach the product page, it's the same menu as for the listing. So since it's the same menu, you can't use the menu assignment option to do what you want.
Instead, you should try to use that extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307
Using it, you can discriminate the display of modules with lot of criteria like the URL and thus allowing you to do what you want.
Instead, you should try to use that extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307
Using it, you can discriminate the display of modules with lot of criteria like the URL and thus allowing you to do what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds