How to determine the customer language ?
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #59849
by jan2
How to determine the customer language ? was created by jan2
Hello,
I don't understand how the customer language is determined.
for example .... When a customer registrate in the Dutch language (default language of the site is English) he receives an order confirmation in the correct language (DUTCH) by email.(so that is ok !)
But when I want to change the order from 'created' to 'confirmed' and send him an email, all the text is in English. Also the invoice is in English.
(and I checked if these texts are translated in Dutch...)
I have no idea where or how to change this ?
Also I am wondering how it comes that when switching to another language another page is opening. (when a product has been selected it opens another page when switching to another language)
Please check my site at : www.thejarfactory.com
Your help is really appreciated !
I don't understand how the customer language is determined.
for example .... When a customer registrate in the Dutch language (default language of the site is English) he receives an order confirmation in the correct language (DUTCH) by email.(so that is ok !)
But when I want to change the order from 'created' to 'confirmed' and send him an email, all the text is in English. Also the invoice is in English.
(and I checked if these texts are translated in Dutch...)
I have no idea where or how to change this ?
Also I am wondering how it comes that when switching to another language another page is opening. (when a product has been selected it opens another page when switching to another language)
Please check my site at : www.thejarfactory.com
Your help is really appreciated !
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by jan2. Reason: extra question
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59943
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to determine the customer language ?
Hi,
That's because you're logged in in English on your backend. The email is sent in the language you're logged in. Just log in your back end in Dutch and the emails will be sent in Dutch.
For the language switcher, the problem is with the module, not HikaShop. Maybe you have it cached and because of that it always uses the same links. You should check that all your cache is turned off on your website.
That's because you're logged in in English on your backend. The email is sent in the language you're logged in. Just log in your back end in Dutch and the emails will be sent in Dutch.
For the language switcher, the problem is with the module, not HikaShop. Maybe you have it cached and because of that it always uses the same links. You should check that all your cache is turned off on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59962
by jan2
Replied by jan2 on topic Re: How to determine the customer language ?
Hello Nicolas,
Thank you for your reply.
I cached the complete site because I read that is good for SEO.
Because my site will run faster and this give better SEO results in Google.
Anyway I will turn this off.
Br
Jan
Thank you for your reply.
I cached the complete site because I read that is good for SEO.
Because my site will run faster and this give better SEO results in Google.
Anyway I will turn this off.
Br
Jan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds