- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 1
Shipping
- adeptdesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 month ago #59861
by adeptdesigns
Shipping was created by adeptdesigns
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for all your previous support. It is truly appreciated.
I have a website and the guy sells salt water corals. He also sells some shirts, posters, magnets etc. The corals are obviously very delicate and require some shipping expenses. Here is what I am trying to do.
Coral orders $0 - $249.99 = $50 shipping
All orders over $250.00 = Free shipping
This all works fine so far, I am getting lost on the next part
For clothing, posters, magnets, he wants free shipping on these items. Is there a way to categorize these items so that they always receive free shipping? Or can you steer me in a direction of setting up some kind of process that will allow this to happen?
Right now, if you add a $30 shirt to the cart, it adds $50 shipping, which doesn't work for what we need it to do.
Thank you!
Thanks for all your previous support. It is truly appreciated.
I have a website and the guy sells salt water corals. He also sells some shirts, posters, magnets etc. The corals are obviously very delicate and require some shipping expenses. Here is what I am trying to do.
Coral orders $0 - $249.99 = $50 shipping
All orders over $250.00 = Free shipping
This all works fine so far, I am getting lost on the next part
For clothing, posters, magnets, he wants free shipping on these items. Is there a way to categorize these items so that they always receive free shipping? Or can you steer me in a direction of setting up some kind of process that will allow this to happen?
Right now, if you add a $30 shirt to the cart, it adds $50 shipping, which doesn't work for what we need it to do.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #59898
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Shipping
Hello,
I think that you can maybe use the "Use the prices per product" Option in your manual shipping method and then go to your product pages and set a shipping product for each product through the "Shipping prices" tab.
I think that you can maybe use the "Use the prices per product" Option in your manual shipping method and then go to your product pages and set a shipping product for each product through the "Shipping prices" tab.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- adeptdesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 1 month ago #60245
by adeptdesigns
Replied by adeptdesigns on topic Re: Shipping
I installed the newest version, so I have the new plugin for Prices per Product. I still can't get it configured to work like I need.
I need free shipping for merchandise (shirts, posters, etc.) -- Got this working
I need free shipping for orders over $300 -- Got this working
I need all orders 0-$299.99 (not including merchandise) to equal $50 shipping. No matter if it's 1 item in the cart, or 10 items in the cart.
With this Prices per Product setting, if I add two corals to the cart (non merchandise), then the cart tallies $100 for shipping.
Is this a limitation, or is there a way to monkey all the settings to make this work?
I need free shipping for merchandise (shirts, posters, etc.) -- Got this working
I need free shipping for orders over $300 -- Got this working
I need all orders 0-$299.99 (not including merchandise) to equal $50 shipping. No matter if it's 1 item in the cart, or 10 items in the cart.
With this Prices per Product setting, if I add two corals to the cart (non merchandise), then the cart tallies $100 for shipping.
Is this a limitation, or is there a way to monkey all the settings to make this work?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60303
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping
You don't need shipping prices per product.
Please do like that:
For merchandise set a weight of 0kg.
Set a weight of 0.5kg for the other products
Turn on the "force shipping methods regardless of weight" in the configuration.
Create three shipping methods:
1. up to 0.5kg => $0
2. from $300 => $300 and turn on the "include virtual products prices" option if you want the merchandise price to be taken into account for the $300 limit.
3. up to $299.99 => $50. Again turn on the "include virtual products prices" option if you want the merchandise price to be taken into account for the $299.99 limit.
Please do like that:
For merchandise set a weight of 0kg.
Set a weight of 0.5kg for the other products
Turn on the "force shipping methods regardless of weight" in the configuration.
Create three shipping methods:
1. up to 0.5kg => $0
2. from $300 => $300 and turn on the "include virtual products prices" option if you want the merchandise price to be taken into account for the $300 limit.
3. up to $299.99 => $50. Again turn on the "include virtual products prices" option if you want the merchandise price to be taken into account for the $299.99 limit.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- adeptdesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 1 month ago #60313
by adeptdesigns
Replied by adeptdesigns on topic Re: Shipping
This is working beautifully! Thanks!
One additional 'wish list' item:
When I add only a merchandise item, and I check out, it shows the second shipping method (see image) Any way to show only the free shipping method on merchandise only?
One additional 'wish list' item:
When I add only a merchandise item, and I check out, it shows the second shipping method (see image) Any way to show only the free shipping method on merchandise only?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60315
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping
Sure, in your third shipping method, set a minimum weight of 0.5kg
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- adeptdesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 1 month ago #60317
by adeptdesigns
Replied by adeptdesigns on topic Re: Shipping
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I have been working on this for days, my client will be very happy!
I have been working on this for days, my client will be very happy!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds