- Posts: 63
- Thank you received: 3
Advice on best way to show characteristics SOLVED
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #59892
by ians
Advice on best way to show characteristics SOLVED was created by ians
Morning all,
I could do with a little advice.
I hae set up a shop which is a lending library and everthing is working great so far.
When customers request to loan an item they can choose the semester or term the loan is for - autumn, spring or summer.
I can set up a chrahteristic, but the term has to be selected individually for each item. Is there a way of selecting the term globally either before adding items to the cart - or maybe applying on checkout.
The only way I can think of is to make 3 seperate shops with the same products, so customer selects shop autumn, shop spring, or shop summer.
I'm hoping there's a better way, mainly because if we update or add a product, we'll have to do it 3 times.
Any ideas for a possiblle solution would really be appreciated. site is here:
www.wslr.co.uk/index.php/resources-catalogue
hanks all,
Ian
I could do with a little advice.
I hae set up a shop which is a lending library and everthing is working great so far.
When customers request to loan an item they can choose the semester or term the loan is for - autumn, spring or summer.
I can set up a chrahteristic, but the term has to be selected individually for each item. Is there a way of selecting the term globally either before adding items to the cart - or maybe applying on checkout.
The only way I can think of is to make 3 seperate shops with the same products, so customer selects shop autumn, shop spring, or shop summer.
I'm hoping there's a better way, mainly because if we update or add a product, we'll have to do it 3 times.
Any ideas for a possiblle solution would really be appreciated. site is here:
www.wslr.co.uk/index.php/resources-catalogue
hanks all,
Ian
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by ians.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59915
by ians
Replied by ians on topic Re: Advice on best way to show characteristics
I'm making some progress and think I'm doing the right thing, but can't make it appear in the checkout screen.
I've made a new custom field in the orders table - this is a drop down menu with 4 options.
It doesn't show on checkout. What am I doing wrong??
Ian
I've made a new custom field in the orders table - this is a drop down menu with 4 options.
It doesn't show on checkout. What am I doing wrong??
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59969
by ians
Replied by ians on topic Re: Advice on best way to show characteristics SOLVED
This is sorted now.
It didn't work on my system but now does!!!
I'm sure I didn't do anything differently.
Ian
It didn't work on my system but now does!!!
I'm sure I didn't do anything differently.
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59983
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Advice on best way to show characteristics SOLVED
A custom order field is indeed the way to go.
To have it displayed on the checkout you need to have it published and turn on the front end display option for the field.
Then , just make sure that the "fields" view is in the checkout workflow option of the configuration.
If it was not displaying before it might come from one of these, or maybe you have some caching activated on your website.
To have it displayed on the checkout you need to have it published and turn on the front end display option for the field.
Then , just make sure that the "fields" view is in the checkout workflow option of the configuration.
If it was not displaying before it might come from one of these, or maybe you have some caching activated on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #60012
by ians
Replied by ians on topic Re: Advice on best way to show characteristics SOLVED
Thank you Nicolas 
Ian
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds