- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Limit textarea characters, maybe display remaining
14 years 1 month ago #60522
by LenaK
Limit textarea characters, maybe display remaining was created by LenaK
I just noticed that I can put an unlimited amount of characters in my custom text areas. (oh oh)
I found where i need to put in a div for some javascript >>>> show_block_custom_item.php
Although this may be obvious to most programers, but where do I put my js file? And will a .html message display on the add to cart page?
I also found this plug online and wonder if it might be a better solution for what I'm looking to do. I don't see how because my plug specifically links with the textarea id.
Thanks in advance.
Lena
I found where i need to put in a div for some javascript >>>> show_block_custom_item.php
Although this may be obvious to most programers, but where do I put my js file? And will a .html message display on the add to cart page?
I also found this plug online and wonder if it might be a better solution for what I'm looking to do. I don't see how because my plug specifically links with the textarea id.
Thanks in advance.
Lena
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60550
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Limit textarea characters, maybe display remaining
Hi,
You can put your js file in the Joomla media directory.
It is possible to put it in the hikashop javascript directory, "new" files are not affected during updates.
You have to use the "JDocument::addScript" function to add your javascript file ( docs.joomla.org/JDocument/addScript )
I don't understand your question about the "html message on the add to cart page".
Regards,
You can put your js file in the Joomla media directory.
It is possible to put it in the hikashop javascript directory, "new" files are not affected during updates.
You have to use the "JDocument::addScript" function to add your javascript file ( docs.joomla.org/JDocument/addScript )
I don't understand your question about the "html message on the add to cart page".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LenaK
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60563
by LenaK
Replied by LenaK on topic Re: Limit textarea characters, maybe display remaining
Not as easy as I thought it would be. Spinning my wheels again.
Not only did I want to limit the number of characters in a custom textarea (one of my textarea id's is "message"), I also wanted to show the users how many characters were remaining in the same window with the following js. This is what I meant by the html message on the add to cart page. I'm either not using proper syntax to add the necessary divs and/or there's another js language out there for joomla that doesn't jive with the js lessons i've been studying. The only way I can seriously be helped is (i think) to get explicit and detailed code of what to add where.
This "message.js" file was uploaded to mywebsite/media/hikashop/js and I edited the show_block_custom_item.php file to include several divs as well as $doc =& JFactory::getDocument();
$doc->addScript(" www.mywebsite.com/media//hikashop/message.js ") and I'm getting nowhere fast.
message.js below
var message_max = 310;
$('#hikashop_item_message_line').keyup(function() {
var message_length = $('#hikashop_item_message_line').val().length;
var char_left = message_max - message_length;
${'#message_feedback'}.html('You have ' + char_left + ' remaining');
});
I can't believe no one else needs these stuff ...
Not only did I want to limit the number of characters in a custom textarea (one of my textarea id's is "message"), I also wanted to show the users how many characters were remaining in the same window with the following js. This is what I meant by the html message on the add to cart page. I'm either not using proper syntax to add the necessary divs and/or there's another js language out there for joomla that doesn't jive with the js lessons i've been studying. The only way I can seriously be helped is (i think) to get explicit and detailed code of what to add where.
This "message.js" file was uploaded to mywebsite/media/hikashop/js and I edited the show_block_custom_item.php file to include several divs as well as $doc =& JFactory::getDocument();
$doc->addScript(" www.mywebsite.com/media//hikashop/message.js ") and I'm getting nowhere fast.
message.js below
var message_max = 310;
$('#hikashop_item_message_line').keyup(function() {
var message_length = $('#hikashop_item_message_line').val().length;
var char_left = message_max - message_length;
${'#message_feedback'}.html('You have ' + char_left + ' remaining');
});
I can't believe no one else needs these stuff ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60618
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Limit textarea characters, maybe display remaining
We'll add that to the next release of HikaShop which we'll do this week. It's easy to add and has already been requested once.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LenaK
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60620
by LenaK
Replied by LenaK on topic Re: Limit textarea characters, maybe display remaining
I sooooooooooo appreciate this program, and you!
Thank you. :woohoo:
Thank you. :woohoo:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds