- Posts: 157
- Thank you received: 2
Adding variants without choosing
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #60956
by Carolek
Adding variants without choosing was created by Carolek
I want to add variants. For example: I have to make a gallery for a painter. There is a lot of paints and 3-4 sizes. Every paint have an only size (it's not possible to have this paint in another size). But I want to be able to add the relevant size to the paint with a variant. But I want to disable the possibility from the user to change the size. Is is possible?
Also, is there a possibility to write instead of price (numbers) something like "contact us"?
And the last one: I want to add "click on picture to enlarge" above the thumbnails. Is that possible?
Thank you!
Also, is there a possibility to write instead of price (numbers) something like "contact us"?
And the last one: I want to add "click on picture to enlarge" above the thumbnails. Is that possible?
Thank you!
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Carolek.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 1 month ago #60993
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Adding variants without choosing
Hello,
1. If you want to use the variants like this it will be no use, but you can maybe use customfields.
2. Yes there is, you can use the catalog mode then you'll have a "contact us link". BUT, you have to know that in catalog mode your customer can't add items to their cart so all of your "add to cart button" will disappear.
3. You'll have to modify the code of your product view (through the show_block_img file).
Hope this will help you.
1. If you want to use the variants like this it will be no use, but you can maybe use customfields.
2. Yes there is, you can use the catalog mode then you'll have a "contact us link". BUT, you have to know that in catalog mode your customer can't add items to their cart so all of your "add to cart button" will disappear.
3. You'll have to modify the code of your product view (through the show_block_img file).
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61004
by Carolek
Replied by Carolek on topic Re: Adding variants without choosing
I think you are right, I need custom fields. I understand that it's only for commercial version. Which of them? I only need to display on frontend more information about the product. just like here:
www.eranalgor.com/gallery/eran-algor7.aspx
www.eranalgor.com/gallery/eran-algor7.aspx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61061
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Adding variants without choosing
Both Essential and Business edition will allow you to do that with custom fields of the table "product".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds