- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
Can't get a listing of products to show up.
14 years 1 month ago #61062
by tolson
Can't get a listing of products to show up. was created by tolson
I have followed the instructions provided but when I choose to make a Menu Item link to a "Products Listing" nothing will display. How to I link the menu item to the listing of products I want shown on the page?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61111
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can't get a listing of products to show up.
If you just create a products listing menu item, without changing any option, it will just list the products that are directly in the main product category. If you have your products in sub categories, you won't see them unless you change the sub element filtering option of the menu item, as explained in our tutorial for products listing menus:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...d.html#products_menu
If that's not that option, it could also come potentially from another option but we would need to see the options of your menu in order to tell you what's going on.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...d.html#products_menu
If that's not that option, it could also come potentially from another option but we would need to see the options of your menu in order to tell you what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61193
by tolson
Replied by tolson on topic Re: Can't get a listing of products to show up.
Well I do have sub-categories and I believe I have followed the instructions for showing them, but they do not show. I have attached some screen shots to show what my settings are. Hopefully you will be able to tell what I have missed or set incorrectly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61279
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can't get a listing of products to show up.
Hi,
You've created a products listing menu which is configured to display the products directly attached to the category "product category".
I suppose that you don't have any products directly into that category, thus it's not displaying anything, as you configured it.
If you want to display all the products regardless of the category, you can change the option "sub element filter" from "direct sub elements" to "all sub elements".
If you want a categories listing, then you should delete your products listing menu and instead create a hikashop category listing menu:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#categories_menu
You've created a products listing menu which is configured to display the products directly attached to the category "product category".
I suppose that you don't have any products directly into that category, thus it's not displaying anything, as you configured it.
If you want to display all the products regardless of the category, you can change the option "sub element filter" from "direct sub elements" to "all sub elements".
If you want a categories listing, then you should delete your products listing menu and instead create a hikashop category listing menu:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#categories_menu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds