- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 13
Shipping for different bases
- deltafidesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 month ago #61185
by deltafidesign
Shipping for different bases was created by deltafidesign
I try to explain what I need with an example.
I sell products from different manufacturer around the world. My base is Italy. I do not send products from Italy, products can be sended directly from China, Equador, Congo, etc... for example; but they are bought on my website. So shipping method should be calculated according to product and not to my base (Italy).
Example: A user from Los Angeles buy a product on my site. This product should be sent from China, so shipping costs and method should be calculated from Beijing to Los-Angeles for example and not from Italy to Los-Angeles
How can I do that?
I sell products from different manufacturer around the world. My base is Italy. I do not send products from Italy, products can be sended directly from China, Equador, Congo, etc... for example; but they are bought on my website. So shipping method should be calculated according to product and not to my base (Italy).
Example: A user from Los Angeles buy a product on my site. This product should be sent from China, so shipping costs and method should be calculated from Beijing to Los-Angeles for example and not from Italy to Los-Angeles
How can I do that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 1 month ago #61258
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Shipping for different bases
Hello,
I think that you should use the "price per product" option of the manual shipping method, then through each product page you'll be able to set a shipping price.
Hope this will help you.
I think that you should use the "price per product" option of the manual shipping method, then through each product page you'll be able to set a shipping price.
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deltafidesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 13
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #61285
by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Shipping for different bases
Not sure this can be my solution.
I want that for the same product that I will send from Beijing for example, the shipping price and method will be different if someone buy it from Los-Angeles or from Rome.
The same for another product from Paris for example to Los Angeles, and so on...
Beijing - Los Angeles > shipping method X with cost "alpha"
Beijing - Rome > shipping method Y with cost "beta"
Paris - Rome > shipping method Z with cost "teta"
Paris - New York > shipping method W with cost "gamma"
Products from Beijing are sent from Beijing and products prom Paris are sent from Paris not from my real base (Italy)
Any solution? Or can I do that with your suggestion? Not clear for me how to do it.
I want that for the same product that I will send from Beijing for example, the shipping price and method will be different if someone buy it from Los-Angeles or from Rome.
The same for another product from Paris for example to Los Angeles, and so on...
Beijing - Los Angeles > shipping method X with cost "alpha"
Beijing - Rome > shipping method Y with cost "beta"
Paris - Rome > shipping method Z with cost "teta"
Paris - New York > shipping method W with cost "gamma"
Products from Beijing are sent from Beijing and products prom Paris are sent from Paris not from my real base (Italy)
Any solution? Or can I do that with your suggestion? Not clear for me how to do it.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by deltafidesign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: laprod
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #61293
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Shipping for different bases
and if you create one manual shipping method per country and then set a shipping price per product for each country's shipping method ?
EDIT
Sorry I didn't understood your question, I don't think that it's possible without developping something. So hiring a developper to do it for you would be a good idea.
EDIT
Sorry I didn't understood your question, I don't think that it's possible without developping something. So hiring a developper to do it for you would be a good idea.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deltafidesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 13
14 years 1 month ago #61310
by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Shipping for different bases
The solution could be this:
Assign one or more shopping methods to products.
Do you think you could develope such feature in future releases?
This way I can create several methods for every product and combine Them with zones.
For a product that should be sent from china I can create many shipping methods for every other country (maybe continents, easier) Then according to zone will be' shown only the right shipping method.
Is it clear?
Assign one or more shopping methods to products.
Do you think you could develope such feature in future releases?
This way I can create several methods for every product and combine Them with zones.
For a product that should be sent from china I can create many shipping methods for every other country (maybe continents, easier) Then according to zone will be' shown only the right shipping method.
Is it clear?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61397
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping for different bases
The problem is that you want to sell products shipped from different locations. It would require to combine the shipping methods together during the checkout.
That won't be possible in the short term. But that's something we have in the todo list for later in the future.
That won't be possible in the short term. But that's something we have in the todo list for later in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deltafidesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 13
14 years 1 month ago #61400
by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Shipping for different bases
Thanks, I hope you'll implement this feature as soon as possible.
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds