- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
[SOLVED] Product Image Disappearing
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I have just put together a catalogue site where each of the products has 1 image and a number of characteristics.
When the product is displayed the main image (there is only one) is displayed correctly, however when any characteristic is selected (they are being presented in a drop down), the product image disappears. Its like Hika is looking for a different image for each characteristic.
Is it possible to configure Hika so that the main product image is the "default" image and therefore displayed for any characteristic that is selected?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think that the next release of HikaShop (1.6.0) should fix this problem.
This version should be publish beginning of next week.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
However - I've noticed that there is this feature (not available in the free version) called Options. I have to say it's not clear to me what the difference is...
Would it be better for me to use Options rather than Characteristics?
The products I'm working need to have a number of selectable features such as: Package Color (3), Fragrance (25), Box Quantity (3). I don't need to work with different images for each of the features (I just want 1).
This is resulting in 225 product variants being generated and one of these product pages is taking upwards of 20 seconds to load. Obviously, this is not a workable solution and I'm wondering whether Options will provide the answer or does it also create variants in the same way?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
An option is another product which could be attached to the product (like a insurance).
A characteristic is a product modification (a color for example) which would have his own price, quantity, image, etc.
By mixing both, you can make something like: demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ayout=show&Itemid=91
The color is a variant.
Each other elements (webcam, RAM, etc) are options which are products with variants.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
So, any ideas why loading my product page with the variants is soooooooooo slow?!!
Also, how is the new release coming on that fixes the image issue (I've also noticed that the description is disappearing too when a variant is selected) - this seems like a pretty big bug to me?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When you use characteristics, HikaShop has to generate one variant for each combination of values of the characteristics. That can quickly amount to a lot of variants.
Because of that the processing gets slower and the product page bigger to load.
With the new release, we introduce an improvement on that end so that should help avoid that for fresh installs of HikaShop (when there are no hikashop tables in the database before installing).
However, if you have a lot of characteristics/values, it's most likely that you should instead use options or custom fields of the table "item". They don't handle per variant quantity/image/description/etc handling, but on the other end they are a lot less resource intensive.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
Unfortunately I've more or less populated my shop with the products, so in order to take advantage of the speed improvements for products with a large number of variants does this mean I will have to uninstall Hikashop, ensuring the tables are deleted, re-install and re-create the products or is there a way to export my products and reload them into the new schema?
I'm really up against it now with regard to the image problem and would appreciate some help. Is there anything you need from me to identify why 1.6 didn't address the image problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With the 1.6.0 release we added modifications to the variants handling so that it will display the pages faster.That is however not activated by default to avoid updating issues.
To activate that, you should add an entry in the table hikashop_config via phpmyadmin with the namekey variant_increase_perf and the value 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
Thanks as always for your responses. Look forward to testing the new release.
I'll backup my site and then test out the performance modification.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
I am currently developing on localhost but can upload to a staging server if you need access...
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It would help if you could provide that via our contact form (with a link to this thread):
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
Your help is appreciated....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just had the time to look at your website.
The problem was an access rights issue. I've changed all your folders under media/com_hikashop/upload to 777 and the images are all displaying fine on your staging2 website as far as I can see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
Don't think that this is the issue!
When a product is loaded say : staging2.bonzomedia.co.uk/index.php/exte...duct/265-liquid-soap the image loads perfectly, always has. However, if a characteristic is chosen then the image disappears. Why would changing the access permissions change the behaviour if it is the same image?
Anyway, you can see from the link above that this is still not working...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bonzomedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
I've switched off lazyload and all is well.
Thank you for your assistance.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.