- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 0
assign static shipping costs to certain items
14 years 1 month ago #62507
by jrtoms
assign static shipping costs to certain items was created by jrtoms
Hi!
The company I'm developing for ships, for the most part, by weight, which works out swell with Hikashop. However, they also ship free DVD's and charge a flat rate of $4.95 shipping per DVD.
Is there any way to set up UPS to handle both of these methods of shipping? I would think the most logical thing would be to create a shipping method and apply them to the individual items as an exception (or the category they're in, since they have their own category) but I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere.
I tried searching existing threads but it doesn't seem to be anywhere.
Help!
The company I'm developing for ships, for the most part, by weight, which works out swell with Hikashop. However, they also ship free DVD's and charge a flat rate of $4.95 shipping per DVD.
Is there any way to set up UPS to handle both of these methods of shipping? I would think the most logical thing would be to create a shipping method and apply them to the individual items as an exception (or the category they're in, since they have their own category) but I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere.
I tried searching existing threads but it doesn't seem to be anywhere.
Help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #62632
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: assign static shipping costs to certain items
Hi,
I think that you can :
- Create a manual shipping method and name it "UPS".
- Use the "Use the prices per product" option.
- Set a price for each products through the "Shipping prices" of each products page .
Hope this will help you.
PS: you can't directly change UPS rates because they change regarding your delivery address.
I think that you can :
- Create a manual shipping method and name it "UPS".
- Use the "Use the prices per product" option.
- Set a price for each products through the "Shipping prices" of each products page .
Hope this will help you.
PS: you can't directly change UPS rates because they change regarding your delivery address.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jrtoms
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #62881
by jrtoms
Replied by jrtoms on topic Re: assign static shipping costs to certain items
Thank you! This seems to work.
Another issue that I have is the DVDs are free, so I'm having to attach shipping costs to free items. How do I override the add to cart button not being displayed for free items?
Furthermore, my company does not sell the bulk of the items they make directly, but sells them through vendors, but they still want to display them on the site. Is there any way to remove the word 'Free' from particular categories and still keep the 'add to cart' button hidden? (The aforementioned DVDs can still be labaled 'Free' but if it need to be taken away entirely it's not the end of the world).
Thank you so much!
Another issue that I have is the DVDs are free, so I'm having to attach shipping costs to free items. How do I override the add to cart button not being displayed for free items?
Furthermore, my company does not sell the bulk of the items they make directly, but sells them through vendors, but they still want to display them on the site. Is there any way to remove the word 'Free' from particular categories and still keep the 'add to cart' button hidden? (The aforementioned DVDs can still be labaled 'Free' but if it need to be taken away entirely it's not the end of the world).
Thank you so much!
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by jrtoms.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 1 month ago #62922
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: assign static shipping costs to certain items
Hi,
1. You'll have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display"
- Set the "Display 'add to cart' button for free products" option to YES
2. You'll have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Languages"
- Edit your Langage's file
- Set the line :
to
Hope this will help you.
1. You'll have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display"
- Set the "Display 'add to cart' button for free products" option to YES
2. You'll have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Languages"
- Edit your Langage's file
- Set the line :
Code:
FREE_PRICE="Free"
Code:
FREE_PRICE=" "
Hope this will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jrtoms
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds