- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 1
Ad a coupon (gift certificate) without shipping
14 years 1 month ago #63104
by Rolandus1
Ad a coupon (gift certificate) without shipping was created by Rolandus1
Hi
We have a system, selling membercards and gift certificates (or vouchers) with HIKA shop.
The membercards we send by post and for that we need a shipping method.
One possibility ist that somebody recieves a gift certificate (that someone other buys for him and got a code).
The user who purchases the membercard in the shop with the gift certificate (coupon), don't have to pay the shipping amount.
Now, i had the idea to create another product for that with another weight. Then i define in the shipping method, that all products with a weight between x and y don't have a adsitional shipping amount. So far it's OK, but:
All User could order this product without shipping amount, even though I descibe in the product, that it is only for users with coupon code.
How I can handle it, that a user with a coupon code (gift certificate) had to put in first the code and then he would see this additional product?
Can I hide products for all User, they don't have a valid coupon code?
We have a system, selling membercards and gift certificates (or vouchers) with HIKA shop.
The membercards we send by post and for that we need a shipping method.
One possibility ist that somebody recieves a gift certificate (that someone other buys for him and got a code).
The user who purchases the membercard in the shop with the gift certificate (coupon), don't have to pay the shipping amount.
Now, i had the idea to create another product for that with another weight. Then i define in the shipping method, that all products with a weight between x and y don't have a adsitional shipping amount. So far it's OK, but:
All User could order this product without shipping amount, even though I descibe in the product, that it is only for users with coupon code.
How I can handle it, that a user with a coupon code (gift certificate) had to put in first the code and then he would see this additional product?
Can I hide products for all User, they don't have a valid coupon code?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #63342
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Ad a coupon (gift certificate) without shipping
Hi,
You can't have hidden products which would display based on a coupon code.
I don't know of any extension which would be able to handle that.
It would require a customization by a developer I'm afraid.
You can't have hidden products which would display based on a coupon code.
I don't know of any extension which would be able to handle that.
It would require a customization by a developer I'm afraid.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #63373
by Rolandus1
Replied by Rolandus1 on topic Re: Ad a coupon (gift certificate) without shipping
OK, but can I stop the user and prohibit the next step in the Checkout, if the Code is incorrect?
Is it possible, give the user a message, if the Code is correct given?
Thank you
Is it possible, give the user a message, if the Code is correct given?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #63538
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Ad a coupon (gift certificate) without shipping
You can remove the "next" button if their is no coupon code.
For that, edit the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views and at the beginning you can add:
<?php
if(empty($this->coupon)){
$this->nextButton=false;
}else{
echo 'the code given is correct';
}
?>
For that, edit the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views and at the beginning you can add:
<?php
if(empty($this->coupon)){
$this->nextButton=false;
}else{
echo 'the code given is correct';
}
?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds