Skip to main content

Move my text to the side of the Image

More
14 years 1 month ago #63448 by crazywazza
Hi There,

I have searched and I can not find the answer although I believe it must be on your forum somewhere as I cant believe I am the only one to wonder about this:



As per this picture above, this is a picture of the existing site which had its problems, but we have changed over to Hikashop. Only thing is that I cannot work out how to get my specific product details to appear on the right hand side of the image.
Preferably I would like to have the Product Code, The Price, and then the rest of the product information (which I will add from the product article section).

[img size=118168k] www.douglasjones.co.za/downloads/incorrect.jpg [/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63456 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

I think that you'll just have to:
- Go to "Hikashop->Display->Views"
- Edit the "show_default" file of the "product" view of the front-end template that you are currently using
- Move the code that display your product description to the "hikashop_product_right_part" DIV

Hope this will help you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63521 by crazywazza
Thank you so much for your reply,

This did not work for me. I moved everything I needed into the right side div and nothing happened!

Image description is still below the image :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63532 by crazywazza
I'm definitely pulling my hair out from frustration.

I have gone through what you have told me to do numerous times but it just doesn't seem to want to move.

I have even double checked that I am using the default template (changed from inherited) but nothing!

Please let me know if there is something else you can think of that will change the layout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63685 by crazywazza

Hello,

I think that you'll just have to:
- Go to "Hikashop->Display->Views"
- Edit the "show_default" file of the "product" view of the front-end template that you are currently using
- Move the code that display your product description to the "hikashop_product_right_part" DIV

Hope this will help you.


I really need assistance here. I have purchased the styles hoping that a style would be able to fix this for me.

All I simply want to do is move my description from the bottom section to the right section. I did what Mohamed suggested but it has not worked at all. Would somebody please be able to assist me with what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #63690 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

You'll just have to move the :
Code:
<div id="hikashop_product_description_main" class="hikashop_product_description_main"> <?php echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$this->element->product_description)); ?> </div>
into the "hikashop_product_right_part" DIV.

But you can also give me a temporary back-end access by MP then I'll maybe be able to see where the problem is comming from.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crazywazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63698 by crazywazza
Thank you Mohamed!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63713 by crazywazza

Sorry to be such a pain.

Could you tell me which front end css file you changed the 1 line on, because somehow the product codes all have a _2 at the end, which is incorrect and I need to fix that.

Also would it be possible to move the product code to the right hand side as well to sort of look like this:

Code: 1234

If you could tell me how to do this, then I dont have to waste your time.

Once again thank you for your time


Ok so I figured out where the css file was and can see that you have put it between forward lines, however my product code is appearing with a _2 at the back. So instead of the product code being 1234 its become 1234_2.
Code:
} .hikashop_product_code_main{ /*display:none;*/

Why would it be doing that and what do I need to edit to fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63720 by crazywazza
Ok I have discovered something very strange.

Half of my products are correct but dont show suggested retail price

Page with the correct code, but no Suggested Retail Price tag in front of Price

The other half are the opposite. They have the Suggested retail price, but the code has _2 after it.

Page with the incorrect code, but Suggested Retail Price tag is correctly in front of Price

Please help, what is going on here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63727 by crazywazza
Ok I discovered that the characteristics were causing the trouble here. The moment I removed the characteristics the product code came right (no longer showed 4001_2 but instead showed 4001), however my modification of the listing_price file to add "Suggested Retail Price" suddenly disappears.

How do I get this to show again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63756 by crazywazza
As I said I have managed to come right with fixing the product code from 1234_2 to 1234 by removing the characteristics, however suggested retail price has also disappeared.

1. I need to know how to get that working again (the product_listing file is still edited)
2. I am happy with the Code being next to the Product Name, but can you please tell me how I can swop the product code and product name around eg. Tralee 4075 needs to become 4075 Tralee. Can this be done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #63780 by Mohamed Thelji
1. I didn't touch your product listing file so I don't really know what the problem is and what did you do to show your "suggested retail price".
2. You'll just have to edit your show_default file and switch this code :
Code:
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')) { ?> <span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main"> <?php echo $this->element->product_code; ?> </span> <?php } ?>
with this code :
Code:
<span id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main"> <?php if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name)) echo $this->element->main->product_name; else echo $this->element->product_name; ?> </span>
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63784 by crazywazza
Hi There,

If I do this, it replaces the product code with the product name.

So I get this : Seville Mix Seville Mix instead of 3191 Seville Mix


I got the suggested retail price explanation from this forum post:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63796 by Mohamed Thelji

Mohamed Thelji wrote: 1. I didn't touch your product listing file so I don't really know what the problem is and what did you do to show your "suggested retail price".
2. You'll just have to edit your show_default file and switch this code :

Code:
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')) { ?> <span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main"> <?php echo $this->element->product_code; ?> </span> <?php } ?>
with this code :
Code:
<span id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main"> <?php if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name)) echo $this->element->main->product_name; else echo $this->element->product_name; ?> </span>

I've done it through your back-end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63797 by Mohamed Thelji

Mohamed Thelji wrote: 1. I didn't touch your product listing file so I don't really know what the problem is and what did you do to show your "suggested retail price".
2. You'll just have to edit your show_default file and switch this code :

Code:
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')) { ?> <span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main"> <?php echo $this->element->product_code; ?> </span> <?php } ?>
with this code :
Code:
<span id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main"> <?php if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name)) echo $this->element->main->product_name; else echo $this->element->product_name; ?> </span>

I've done it for you through your back-end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63798 by crazywazza
I cannot tell you how appreciative I am of your help and assistance today.

Thank you sooooo much Mohamed!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum