- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
Problem with client that has no orders...
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 month ago #63778
by Southcoaster
Problem with client that has no orders... was created by Southcoaster
My site has a menu item called 'orders' (which is a menu item type of Customer Orders) and displays the user's past orders.
This menu item only displays when the user is 'registered' i.e. has logged in.
I have a test user who has logged in, but doesn't have any orders yet.
When I click on the 'orders' menu item, I get a message asking me to log in?
I need the message to say the customer has no orders yet, or that the 'Orders' menu item doesn't display until the customer has placed a successful order please.
Many thanks.
Kind regards.
This menu item only displays when the user is 'registered' i.e. has logged in.
I have a test user who has logged in, but doesn't have any orders yet.
When I click on the 'orders' menu item, I get a message asking me to log in?
I need the message to say the customer has no orders yet, or that the 'Orders' menu item doesn't display until the customer has placed a successful order please.
Many thanks.
Kind regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #63788
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
Hi Southcoaster,
The easiest way is to override the translation of this message. Just edit the language file by going in Configuration>Languages and change in the right file this sentence by the one you want.
The easiest way is to override the translation of this message. Just edit the language file by going in Configuration>Languages and change in the right file this sentence by the one you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 1 month ago #63818
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
Hi eliot,
Many thanks for your suggestion, and indeed I can change the message.
However this doesn't solve my problem, as I am still left with a page that just has a 'log out' button.
It would suggest there is an error in the coding logic somewhere, and perhaps a 'logged in customer without any orders' has not been thought of.
Many thanks for your suggestion, and indeed I can change the message.
However this doesn't solve my problem, as I am still left with a page that just has a 'log out' button.
It would suggest there is an error in the coding logic somewhere, and perhaps a 'logged in customer without any orders' has not been thought of.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #63913
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
IT may be a cache problem.
Could you try to clean you cache or test with another browser?
Could you try to clean you cache or test with another browser?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 1 month ago #64215
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
Many thanks, but I tried clearing the cache and no difference.
Ideally I would like the 'Orders' menu item not to appear if the logged in customer has no orders.
Perhaps somebody in Support to suggest which modifications I would need to make and to which file.
Many thanks.
Kind regards.
Ideally I would like the 'Orders' menu item not to appear if the logged in customer has no orders.
Perhaps somebody in Support to suggest which modifications I would need to make and to which file.
Many thanks.
Kind regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #64378
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
Hi,
Hidding the menu when the customer has no orders is definitely not possible.
About your bug, could you please PM me a link to your website with an account so I can test it by myself and spot the problem?
Hidding the menu when the customer has no orders is definitely not possible.
About your bug, could you please PM me a link to your website with an account so I can test it by myself and spot the problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 1 month ago #64448
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
Hi Eliot,
Thanks for the info.
Shame about not being able to hide the menu item,that would have been the best solution.
My site is not live yet, only running on Wampserver.
I will put the site live soon despite this problem, so perhaps I can contact you again then.
Many thanks.
Kind regards.
Thanks for the info.
Shame about not being able to hide the menu item,that would have been the best solution.
My site is not live yet, only running on Wampserver.
I will put the site live soon despite this problem, so perhaps I can contact you again then.
Many thanks.
Kind regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 weeks ago #64685
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
Hi Eliot,
In the meantime, can you reproduce my problem please on your test site?
Thanks.
In the meantime, can you reproduce my problem please on your test site?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64689
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
We don't have the problem on our end. That's why we asked to look at the problem on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 weeks ago #64692
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem with client that has no orders...
Hi Nicolas,
That's good and it narrows it down a bit. Thanks.
Will contact you again soon.
Kind regards.
That's good and it narrows it down a bit. Thanks.
Will contact you again soon.
Kind regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds