- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Question about using a downloaded file as a coupon
14 years 3 weeks ago #64815
by Dubinky
Question about using a downloaded file as a coupon was created by Dubinky
So first let me say I am very new to any kind of web design, so sorry upfront.
I am setting up a store that will give a discount at checkout to Veterans, and to show proof I service I was going to make them provided a copy of a military ID.
I am not sure how the best way would be to accomplish this. At first I was going to have them email me the details of the order along with the ID copy and then manually fill the order, but I was just curious if there is some way to have a "coupon" feature at checkout where a image file can be attached. Is this possible, or are there any other options that I could use???
Thanks for any help.
Ben
I am setting up a store that will give a discount at checkout to Veterans, and to show proof I service I was going to make them provided a copy of a military ID.
I am not sure how the best way would be to accomplish this. At first I was going to have them email me the details of the order along with the ID copy and then manually fill the order, but I was just curious if there is some way to have a "coupon" feature at checkout where a image file can be attached. Is this possible, or are there any other options that I could use???
Thanks for any help.
Ben
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 weeks ago #64859
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Question about using a downloaded file as a coupon
Hi Ben,
I think that you can do it if you set a picture as a download file product and write the coupon's code on this picture.
Hope this will help you.
I think that you can do it if you set a picture as a download file product and write the coupon's code on this picture.
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64920
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Question about using a downloaded file as a coupon
Hi,
If you want to have unique IDs being generated for purchases, so that you can identify the buyers later on, I think that you should go with HikaSerial which is exactly made for that:
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/hikaserial.html
If you want to have unique IDs being generated for purchases, so that you can identify the buyers later on, I think that you should go with HikaSerial which is exactly made for that:
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/hikaserial.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #64977
by Dubinky
Replied by Dubinky on topic Re: Question about using a downloaded file as a coupon
Thanks for the help,
I will look into both those options.
Just to clarify, with Hikaserial would that work for first time users? ie, someone visits the site and purchases an item and because they are a member of the armed forces would receive a discount, would there be an option to download some kind of picture file so I can verify they are really in the military at the time of checkout (in real time and not contacting me and then receiving some kind of ID code that can later be applied to the order)? Sorry for the confusion.
As to making a downloadable file with a coupon code as a purchased item, how would I get the file back with a picture of the ID?
Sorry for the noob questions....
I will look into both those options.
Just to clarify, with Hikaserial would that work for first time users? ie, someone visits the site and purchases an item and because they are a member of the armed forces would receive a discount, would there be an option to download some kind of picture file so I can verify they are really in the military at the time of checkout (in real time and not contacting me and then receiving some kind of ID code that can later be applied to the order)? Sorry for the confusion.
As to making a downloadable file with a coupon code as a purchased item, how would I get the file back with a picture of the ID?
Sorry for the noob questions....
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Dubinky.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds