Skip to main content

SOLVED -- Invite-only shop

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #65010 by nik.mess
Hi folks,

I would like to make my shop available only to invited users.
This means that neither the shop, the products nor the registration page should be visible or accessible (e.g. by typing the right URL)
Users would be added on the backend by the Administrator.

Is this possible without huge hacking? Only hiding the menu item from non-customers is not enough, you can still register via url.
Also: How can I add a user backend. In the Hika customer list, they seem to appear only after the first purchase.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Greets,
nik
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by nik.mess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #65012 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Invite-only shop
Hi nik,

1. I think that you can hide your products for "not invited users" by using ACL through your products page.

2. The Administrator will be able to "validate" the customer registration himself by :
- Going to "Control panel->Users manager->Option->Component"
- Setting the "New User Account Activation" Option to Admin

PS : ACL are available in the business version of Hikashop.

Hope this will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nik.mess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #65027 by nik.mess
Replied by nik.mess on topic Re: Invite-only shop
Thanks for your help!

I just found out, that I can still access the registration page by adding "index.php?option=com_users&view=registration" to any URL, thus gaining access to the products as well. I think, I'll just restrict product access to a certain group, which can only be set from the backend and not by simply registring.

Greets, nik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum