- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
Problem exporting & importing all products.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #65055
by Southcoaster
Problem exporting & importing all products. was created by Southcoaster
Hi,
My 1.5.8 website is nearly finished, but is probably a bit of a mess as it was a learning curve.
So I am attempting to create a fresh clean website with 1.6.0 making the various modifications to my template as I did before.
In order to transfer all my products from 1.5.8 site to the 1.6.0. site I exported all the 1.5.8 products to a .csv file.
Then without any modification, I tried to import them into my 1.6.0 site, which I expected to be error free.
However I get an error saying a column heading of 'print:' is invalid, and that of the 64 products found, 16 had invalid codes and 48 already existed?
I don't understand this, as there are no products in the 1.6.0 site yet.
Many thanks
My 1.5.8 website is nearly finished, but is probably a bit of a mess as it was a learning curve.
So I am attempting to create a fresh clean website with 1.6.0 making the various modifications to my template as I did before.
In order to transfer all my products from 1.5.8 site to the 1.6.0. site I exported all the 1.5.8 products to a .csv file.
Then without any modification, I tried to import them into my 1.6.0 site, which I expected to be error free.
However I get an error saying a column heading of 'print:' is invalid, and that of the 64 products found, 16 had invalid codes and 48 already existed?
I don't understand this, as there are no products in the 1.6.0 site yet.
Many thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 weeks ago #65064
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem exporting & importing all products.
Hi,
Apologies, the products do seem to have imported OK, despite the error messages.
Apologies, the products do seem to have imported OK, despite the error messages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #65173
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Problem exporting & importing all products.
Hi,
The error message tell you that you have a "Print:" which is not known by your new website. So that particular data of your products was not imported for the products.
I suppose that it must be a custom field or something like that ?
The error message tell you that you have a "Print:" which is not known by your new website. So that particular data of your products was not imported for the products.
I suppose that it must be a custom field or something like that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds