- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 2
Image Sizing
14 years 3 weeks ago #65099
by wynchcote
Image Sizing was created by wynchcote
I am so close and yet so far with this!
I find the image management very confusing.
I have created a test site here: hikashop.wynchcote.net/index.php/product/632-black-hoodie
Config | Images settings
Thumbnail Width: 100px
Thumbnail Height: not set
Product Page width & height: not set
Image width & height: not set
---
I have also - after studying previous posts and viewing source code added the following CSS to my default style sheet:
.hikashop_product_main_image img{
width: 300px !important;
height: 300px !important;
margin:0 0 0 -120px;
}
.hikashop_small_image_div{
margin:220px 0 0 -36px;
}
div#hikashop_product_left_part img.hikashop_child_image{
margin : 0 15px 30px 0;
height:90px;
}
---
This has produyced the layout at: hikashop.wynchcote.net/index.php/product/632-black-hoodie
---
HOwever, my main image is now blurred.
I have read the way to sharpen the image (obviously a 300px enlargement of the 100px thumbnail) is to visit the server by FTP and delete thumbnail folders from
media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails
I have tried removing all these folders (clearly not right as this removes all product images!).
Please advise.
Ken
PS
I want to use CSS to set width of main product page image and the child images BUT leave height variable if I can as there will sometimes be a mix of portrait and landscape images to display for a product.
Is this feasible? How?
Attachment
Image shows what I have achieved so far on product page!
I find the image management very confusing.
I have created a test site here: hikashop.wynchcote.net/index.php/product/632-black-hoodie
Config | Images settings
Thumbnail Width: 100px
Thumbnail Height: not set
Product Page width & height: not set
Image width & height: not set
---
I have also - after studying previous posts and viewing source code added the following CSS to my default style sheet:
.hikashop_product_main_image img{
width: 300px !important;
height: 300px !important;
margin:0 0 0 -120px;
}
.hikashop_small_image_div{
margin:220px 0 0 -36px;
}
div#hikashop_product_left_part img.hikashop_child_image{
margin : 0 15px 30px 0;
height:90px;
}
---
This has produyced the layout at: hikashop.wynchcote.net/index.php/product/632-black-hoodie
---
HOwever, my main image is now blurred.
I have read the way to sharpen the image (obviously a 300px enlargement of the 100px thumbnail) is to visit the server by FTP and delete thumbnail folders from
media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails
I have tried removing all these folders (clearly not right as this removes all product images!).
Please advise.
Ken
PS
I want to use CSS to set width of main product page image and the child images BUT leave height variable if I can as there will sometimes be a mix of portrait and landscape images to display for a product.
Is this feasible? How?
Attachment
Image shows what I have achieved so far on product page!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #65126
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Image Sizing
Hi there,
Why don't you simply use the Hikashop configuration option to set a different height and width for product pages and listing?
Go to System>Configuration>Files/images and set 300 for" Product page image width" and "Product page image height"
Why don't you simply use the Hikashop configuration option to set a different height and width for product pages and listing?
Go to System>Configuration>Files/images and set 300 for" Product page image width" and "Product page image height"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #65129
by wynchcote
Replied by wynchcote on topic Re: Image Sizing
Hi Eliot,
Errr ... that is a very good question!
Sorted.
Thanks!
Ken
Errr ... that is a very good question!
Sorted.
Thanks!
Ken
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds