Create standard layout for product description
14 years 3 weeks ago #65572
by anypc
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Create standard layout for product description was created by anypc
Hi!
Im trying to create a standard (default) description page. What I mean is that if I create a new product, the description is pre-filled in with images and headlines like the attachment
I am copy-pasting from old products now, but the layout tends to screw-up when I do that.
I would really love having this stuff filled in by default when I create a new product. Anybody know where I put this?
It's like te custom field I created for EAN, that one's pre-filled with zeros.
Im trying to create a standard (default) description page. What I mean is that if I create a new product, the description is pre-filled in with images and headlines like the attachment
I am copy-pasting from old products now, but the layout tends to screw-up when I do that.
I would really love having this stuff filled in by default when I create a new product. Anybody know where I put this?
It's like te custom field I created for EAN, that one's pre-filled with zeros.
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65748
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Create standard layout for product description
Hi,
If you use the "copy" button of the Business edition, you can simply duplicate your existing products when creating new ones so that would do what you want already.
Otherwise, you can edit the file "form" of the view "product" for your backend template and add your HTML directly in the product element if it's a new product with such code:
<?php if(empty($this->element->product_description)) $this->element->product_description='My default HTML'; ?>
If you use the "copy" button of the Business edition, you can simply duplicate your existing products when creating new ones so that would do what you want already.
Otherwise, you can edit the file "form" of the view "product" for your backend template and add your HTML directly in the product element if it's a new product with such code:
<?php if(empty($this->element->product_description)) $this->element->product_description='My default HTML'; ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65767
by anypc
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Replied by anypc on topic Re: Create standard layout for product description
Thanx! But im curious as to where I need to place this piece of code.
I'm guessing somewhere in the main info but I'm unsure where exactly.
When I place this code, I need to edit the 'My default HTML' and create a HTML based template with that?
Sorry for being a pain-in-the-ass
I'm guessing somewhere in the main info but I'm unsure where exactly.
When I place this code, I need to edit the 'My default HTML' and create a HTML based template with that?
Sorry for being a pain-in-the-ass
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65905
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Create standard layout for product description
You can edit the file "form" of the view "product" for your backend template via the menu Display>Views of HikaShop and add the code after the first <?php tag.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65973
by anypc
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Replied by anypc on topic Re: Create standard layout for product description
Ive been trying for about an hour now, but it doesn't seem to work 
I get the code, if its empty show this and this.
I'm using this code now:
I get the code, if its empty show this and this.
I'm using this code now:
Code:
<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.6.0
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010-2012 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<?php if(empty($this->element->product_description)) $this->element->product_description='TEST TEST TEST TEST <hr> TEST TEST TEST TEST'; ?>
<div class="iframedoc" id="iframedoc"></div>
<form action="index.php?option=<?php echo HIKASHOP_COMPONENT ?>&ctrl=product" method="post" name="adminForm" id="adminForm" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="70%" valign="top">
<?php
$this->product_name_input = "data[product][product_name]";
$this->product_url_input = "data[product][product_url]";
$this->product_meta_description_input = "data[product][product_meta_description]";
$this->product_keywords_input = "data[product][product_keywords]";
$this->product_page_title_input = "data[product][product_page_title]";
if($this->translation){
$this->setLayout('translation');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}else{
?>
<fieldset class="adminform" id="htmlfieldset">
<legend><?php echo JText::_( 'MAIN_INFORMATION' ); ?></legend>
<?php
$this->setLayout('normal');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</fieldset>
<?php
}
?>
<?php
if($this->element->product_type=='main'){
$this->setLayout('info');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}else{
$this->setLayout('infovariant');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
if(!empty($this->fields)){?>
<table class="admintable" width="100%">
<?php foreach($this->fields as $fieldName => $oneExtraField){
if(!$oneExtraField->field_backend){
if($oneExtraField->field_type != "customtext"){?>
<tr><td><input type="hidden" name="data[product][<?php echo $fieldName; ?>]" value="<?php echo $this->element->$fieldName; ?>" /></td></tr>
<?php }
}else{ ?>
<tr id="hikashop_product_<?php echo $fieldName; ?>">
<td class="key">
<?php echo $this->fieldsClass->getFieldName($oneExtraField);?>
</td>
<td>
<?php
if(!isset($this->element->$fieldName))
$this->element->$fieldName = $oneExtraField->field_default;
?>
<?php $onWhat='onchange'; if($oneExtraField->field_type=='radio') $onWhat='onclick'; ?>
<?php echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->element->$fieldName,'data[product]['.$fieldName.']',false,' '.$onWhat.'="hikashopToggleFields(this.value,\''.$fieldName.'\',\'product\',0);"'); ?>
</td>
</tr>
<?php }
} ?>
</table>
<?php }?>
</td>
<td valign="top">
<?php if($this->element->product_type=='main'){?>
<fieldset class="adminform hikashop_product_categories" id="htmlfieldset">
<legend><?php echo JText::_( 'HIKA_CATEGORIES' ); ?></legend>
<?php
$this->setLayout('category');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</fieldset>
<fieldset class="adminform hikashop_product_related" id="htmlfieldset">
<legend><?php echo JText::_( 'RELATED_PRODUCTS' ); ?></legend>
<?php
$this->type='related';
$this->setLayout('related');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</fieldset>
<fieldset class="adminform hikashop_product_options" id="htmlfieldset">
<legend><?php echo JText::_( 'OPTIONS' ); ?></legend>
<?php
if(hikashop_level(1)){
$this->type='options';
$this->setLayout('related');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}else{
echo '<small style="color:red">'.JText::_('ONLY_COMMERCIAL').'</small>';
}
?>
</fieldset>
<fieldset class="adminform hikashop_product_characteristics" id="htmlfieldset">
<legend><?php echo JText::_('CHARACTERISTICS');?></legend>
<?php
$this->setLayout('characteristic');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</fieldset>
<?php }?>
<fieldset class="adminform hikashop_product_prices" id="htmlfieldset">
<legend><?php echo JText::_('PRICES');?></legend>
<?php
$this->setLayout('price');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</fieldset>
<fieldset class="adminform hikashop_product_images" id="htmlfieldset">
<legend><?php echo JText::_('HIKA_IMAGES');?></legend>
<?php
$this->setLayout('image');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</fieldset>
<fieldset class="adminform hikashop_product_files" id="htmlfieldset">
<legend><?php echo JText::_('HIKA_FILES');?></legend>
<?php
$this->setLayout('file');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</fieldset>
<?php
JPluginHelper::importPlugin('hikashop');
$dispatcher = JDispatcher::getInstance();
$html = array();
$dispatcher->trigger('onProductBlocksDisplay', array(&$this->element, &$html));
if(!empty($html)){
foreach($html as $h){
echo $h;
}
}
?>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<div class="clr"></div>
<input type="hidden" name="data[product][product_type]" value="<?php echo @$this->element->product_type; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="cid[]" value="<?php echo @$this->element->product_id; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="option" value="<?php echo HIKASHOP_COMPONENT; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="ctrl" value="product" />
<?php echo JHTML::_( 'form.token' ); ?>
</form>
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66092
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Create standard layout for product description
Make sure that you're editing it for your backend template and not another one.
I don't see another reason why it wouldn't work.
I don't see another reason why it wouldn't work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anypc
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66094
by anypc
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Replied by anypc on topic Re: Create standard layout for product description
My deepest apology! I edited for my template, forgot that the backend uses bluestork ^^
Silly me
Kudo's to you and your plugin!
Silly me

Kudo's to you and your plugin!
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66095
by anypc
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Replied by anypc on topic Re: Create standard layout for product description
It was a bit of a challange to get the right font, because we can't use the ' because of the format, but the old formatting <font face=""> works great. (For any people that have this question in the future.
Proud of my website www.hetcomputerwinkeltje.nl
Currently just running catalog mode, but hope to go live soon again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds