- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 2
Display different sized thumbnails
14 years 2 weeks ago #66204
by wynchcote
Display different sized thumbnails was created by wynchcote
Hi there,
Thanks for great previous support.
Working on site where the vendor wants to mix portrait and landscape product images and this is impacting on product thumbnails.
I have created Test Categories displaying mixture of portrait and landscape thumbnails - see below:
chic.wynchcote.net/index.php/test-new-cat/test-new-cat-1 (all landscape)
chic.wynchcote.net/index.php/test-new-cat/test-new-cat-2 (all portrait)
chic.wynchcote.net/index.php/test-new-cat/test-new-cat-3 (mix of both)
chic.wynchcote.net/index.php/test-new-cat/test-new-cat4 (mix of both)
The HikaShop Configuration Files/Images Settings for thumbnails are:
Thumbnail width: 301
Thumbnail height: left empty
Question:
Is it possible to vary the thumbnail dimensions per category?
- I think I did read something somewhere about this but found the instruction misleading.
Thanks, Ken
Thanks for great previous support.
Working on site where the vendor wants to mix portrait and landscape product images and this is impacting on product thumbnails.
I have created Test Categories displaying mixture of portrait and landscape thumbnails - see below:
chic.wynchcote.net/index.php/test-new-cat/test-new-cat-1 (all landscape)
chic.wynchcote.net/index.php/test-new-cat/test-new-cat-2 (all portrait)
chic.wynchcote.net/index.php/test-new-cat/test-new-cat-3 (mix of both)
chic.wynchcote.net/index.php/test-new-cat/test-new-cat4 (mix of both)
The HikaShop Configuration Files/Images Settings for thumbnails are:
Thumbnail width: 301
Thumbnail height: left empty
Question:
Is it possible to vary the thumbnail dimensions per category?
- I think I did read something somewhere about this but found the instruction misleading.
Thanks, Ken
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #66216
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Display different sized thumbnails
Hi Ken,
Did you try to use the "Parameters for DIV" through your category/product listing page ? ("Hikashop->Display->Content menus").
Did you try to use the "Parameters for DIV" through your category/product listing page ? ("Hikashop->Display->Content menus").
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66250
by wynchcote
Replied by wynchcote on topic Re: Display different sized thumbnails
Am I right in thinking that as long as I set the width to be smaller than that in the Configuration Files/Images Settings then this will work.
I did not want to resize the width of thumbnails across the whole website.
The other thing is: I have deliberately not set the thumbnail height.
As a newbie HikaShop user I was not sure about this but both height and width require resizing in the case of portrait view thumbnails. And I don't think it is possible to be so specific (though understandable - things are complex enough).
Ken
I did not want to resize the width of thumbnails across the whole website.
The other thing is: I have deliberately not set the thumbnail height.
As a newbie HikaShop user I was not sure about this but both height and width require resizing in the case of portrait view thumbnails. And I don't think it is possible to be so specific (though understandable - things are complex enough).
Ken
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #66446
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Display different sized thumbnails
In each menu and each module, you can configure the width/height of thumbnails on the listing with the corresponding options when you edit it via the menus Display->Content menus/modules.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds