Skip to main content

Filter Module not showing on left or right

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66302 by crowcreekc
I have done everything as suggested below:

> You need to publish the "hikashop filter module" on your left position
> via the joomla modules manager as explained in the filter
> documentation:
> www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hop-filter-listing.h
> tml
> And then you can turn off the display of the filters at the top of the
> listing via the corresponding option in the Display tab of the
> configuration.
>
> You need to turn on the "show description" option of the hikashop
> options of your menu and the description of the current category will
> be displayed on the listing.

But the Filter will not display, only if I select show filter in the product listing then it will display at the top of the page instead of Left or Right as required.

What else could it be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66331 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
Can you publish your filters through "Hikashop->Display->Filters" and try it again ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66512 by crowcreekc
Please have a look at the site I am trying to mimic and see how the filters are on the left hand side.

www.slappa.com/catalog/laptop-bags

Then when I have filters displayed via the Content Menu in Hikashop the filters are on top.

27.123.27.142/slappa/index.php/backpacks

So I followed the instructions and created a Module for Hikashop Product Filters and applied it to the Left or Right position but it will not display.

My Template is developed using Artisteer and I am beginning to think it is blocking the loading of this filter. If you need access to the Joomla back end please let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66641 by nicolas
I checked your template yesterday and there was no left or right position in your template. You can't display a module to a position which doesn't exist. So it's normal that it doesn't work.
You'll have to modify your template positions, use another template, or stick with the filters at the top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66695 by crowcreekc
Nicolas,

Thank you for catching that. I just saw the label left but did not take account it was not part of the template. Will work on getting this added and then will attempt to assign the filters.

Thanks for all the teams help.

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66700 by crowcreekc
Ok, I have now added a Left and Right to my template. And I can now display the filters on either side but have the following issues.

1. If you look at the Laptop Menu, you will see the correct filter, but if you then go to BackPacks you will see the filter for Laptops and Backpacks. Should only be the Backpack module and I verified it should each is only tied to the individual menu items.

2. The filters show when displaying product, how do I disable from this view.

Regards,
Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66701 by crowcreekc
Sorry to do this, but after reviewing what I have done, resolved issues 1. Now I just need to make sure filters do not display on product page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66703 by crowcreekc
Ok, got it all fixed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum