- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Watermark - why doesn't it work?
a couple of days ago we bought Hika Shop Business and now we try to add a watermark to our product pictures, but it doesn't work at all.
Thanks in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The watermark is added in hard on the image itself. That is done when the image is uploaded.
So of course, for existing images in HikaShop, it won't change anything. It will only add the watermark on new images that you add to HikaShop. Maybe that's why you don't see it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Nevermind, the watermark picture was larger than the actual picture and that is, why no watermark was shown at all. :lol:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Not having it on the thumbnails would be quite difficult with the way the system is done right now and require several complex code modifications.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The watermark is added when you upload the image, so you have to remove the old images and upload them again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Why?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What type of image are you adding ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Which is the format of your watermark image ?
I made some tests and if your image is a png you should let the opacity to 100%, at this moment, the transparency would be used correctly.
The PNG should not be compressed with special "encoding" in order to be properly open by PHP GD.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have a .pdf file with the logo. I open it with photoshop, I transform the image size and click on save as. I select the type .pdf and save, interlace? No.
I upload the image as watermark (100% opacity) and after that I upload the product image and then I have a black box.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
PDF file is not an image.
You have to use an image file like: jpeg/jpg, png, gif.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
dyvymtvar wrote: Ok i'm doing something wrong.
I have a .pdf file with the logo. I open it with photoshop, I transform the image size and click on save as. I select the type .pdf and save, interlace? No.
I upload the image as watermark (100% opacity) and after that I upload the product image and then I have a black box.
Sorry I have a mistake.
...click on save as. I select the type .png and save, interlace? No.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would it be possible to have your images for internal tests ?
You can send them by email if you want (jerome at hikashop.com).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please find a way around that problem
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I updated a task in our TODO list in order to include your feedback.
We will see to improve it in a future version.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.