- Posts: 209
- Thank you received: 18
Display custom address fields on billing address
I have created several custom address fields to be completed during registration. How can I allow the user to edit those fields when going through the checkout? At the moment all that displays are the core address fields unless the customer clicks the edit icon.
I need to show the custom fields completed with their relative labels.
I'm thinking that I need to edit the Display > Views > address_template but I'm not sure how to get the labels for the custom fields to show as well.
Any help appreciated.
cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You indeed need to edit the Display > Views > address_template. There you have one tag per custom field. As you can see it uses the column name of the custom field.
So, if your custom field column name is 'my_custom_field', then, the tag will be {my_custom_field} in the address_template view.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My field: {field_column_name}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
At the moment it seems that only the administrator can get this info from the backend on the Sales pages.
cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So if you add it on the front end one, your users will see it as well on their order details page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did as mentioned in this thread in the address template back end and front end.
Code here:
<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.4.3
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
{address_company}
{address_title} {address_firstname} {address_lastname}
{address}
{address_street}
{address_post_code} {address_city} {address_state}
{address_country}
<?php echo JText::sprintf('TELEPHONE_IN_ADDRESS','{address_telephone}');?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you sure that you made your address_template modification for the good template ? If you have several templates installed on your website, you will have the address_template view several times (one per template) so if you don't do it for the template you're using, it won't be used by hikashop when you display that view.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
thanks for your help - yes I had not changed the correct address_template for the template I am using.
I have done it now - both of them the one for front end and back end.
BUT I still have 2 problems.
The shipping invoice format still does not reflect the changes.
Paypal is not pulling the data for the address I am getting town and postcode but not address line one and two and county. This is does not harm functionality but confuses customers who think they have to refill data.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For your first problem, are you sure that you did the modification in the good template of the BACKEND ? If you use joomla 1.6, the default template of the back end is called bluestork.
HikaShop only sends the default custom address fields to joomla. There is no county field in HikaShop by default so it's not sent to paypal. The address_street custom field should be sent to paypal but the address field you added can't be sent to paypal since paypal wouldn't know what to do with it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And the shipping invoice and Paypal address works now.
Thankyou for your patience!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
echo 'User email : '.$this->order->customer->user_email;
(You might need to put it between <?php and ?> depending on where you want to put it in the invoice)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.