- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
About Membership via Subscription
before i buy your Hikashop pro,i have some questions about it.for example, when a custom buy a product of 20$, before he pay he see a html module on item page, in which it only includes some words like "this only served to memberships,please pay for it"(based on the acl of common user group). after he pay, he will see another html module, in which there will be a link, he can see the flash magazin of my website via this link, which is the main product of my website.this is one case for payment of my website.
there is second case for payment of my website. i also want to design a membership subscription system via your product. for example, when a custom buy a subscripton serve of 100$ for one month, after he pay for it, he will get access to see html modules of one specific category of products like i said above for one month.
all of these ,i want them can be achieved by Alipay, since that other payment gateways in our country are useless.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With HikaShop, you can change the user group after he purchase the desired item. But we don't manage a time validity, so after one month he will stay in this group.
It's possible to have this functionality but it will require some development because it's not in HikaShop by default.
AliPay is integrated with HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
thx for your answers. i know that i can change the user group of the custom who buys my products. but i want to know this kind of change taken place automatically via your product or i have to change it by hand one by one? i want it be automatically that once a custom pays my product or memberhip(pay per function), he can see the link automatically. i donot have to change it manully.
i have also seen a document about Akeeba subscriptions which is a plugin that the user can buy subscription via Hikashop. i can set the subscription level and length(for example, 30days)on Akeeba,is it right? in other words,based on this plugin, can i solve the problem i mentioned above that the user will leave the group 30 days later after he bought as a membership? of course, all these also should be achieved automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, you can achieve that with HikaShop and the akeeba subscriptions integration. HikaShop will add the subscription of akeeba subscriptions to the customer after the order is confirmed, and akeeba subscriptions will then handle adding the user to the group/removing it.
Actually, for the second part, you will have to see that with akeeba subscriptions documentation/support.
Of course, that would be done automatically.
For the user group after purchase plugin that is in HikaShop, it of course handle adding the user to the group automatically after the product has been purchased. That plugin is only in the Business edition and there is no period of time configurable to remove automatically the group of the user with that plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: For the user group after purchase plugin that is in HikaShop, it of course handle adding the user to the group automatically after the product has been purchased. That plugin is only in the Business edition and there is no period of time configurable to remove automatically the group of the user with that plugin.
Hi Nicolas,
Sorry, I'm learning right now and I don't understand very well:
If I use Hikashop Business + Akeeba Subscription plugin I can add an Akeeba Subscription like a Hikashop product.
When I buy Hikashop "subscription" product automatically I'm added to Subscription Group.
But, Akeeba Subcription has a period of validity like 1 month for ex.
What's happen when the 1 month period finish ?
Am I automatically cancelled from the Subscription Group ?
Here www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...a-subscriptions.html you wrote:
"You can manage the subscriptions in the Akeeba Subscriptions component."
Please, What does it mean exactly ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If Akeeba subscriptions add your user to the user group at the beginning of the subscription, it will remove that at the end yes.
But if you're using the user group after purchase option of HikaShop to do that adding, it won't remove that at the end of the subscription.
So make sure that you're using the Akeeba subscriptions system for that.
For your second point, it means that first you need to create subscriptions in Akeeba Subscriptions and then, when you create the products in HikaShop you can assign them to subscription in Akeeba Susbcriptions using the subscription option added to your products by the Akeeba Subscriptions integration plugin that we have developed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
following www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...a-subscriptions.html means
orAkeeba subscriptions add your user to the user group at the beginning of the subscription, it will remove that at the end yes
???if you're using the user group after purchase option of HikaShop to do that adding, it won't remove that at the end of the subscription
If I understood:
first I need to create subscriptions in Akeeba Subscriptions (for example for 12 months)
then, I create the products "subscription" in HikaShop assigning them to subscription in Akeeba Susbcriptions using the subscription option added to my products by the HikaShop Akeeba Subscriptions integration plugin and set minimun and maximum quantity as 1, because the periode value is established by Akeeba subscription (12 months)
What's happen at the end of 12 months?
The subscription will be removed and I'll become again a normal Registered user?
I can also manage recurring payments installing your PayPal recurring payments. In this case What's happen at the end of 12 months?
I'm thinking to run subscriptions through HikaShop, instead of using Akeeba Subscription features, to have all sales datas stored and managed from HikaShop also for statistics and so on. Is it a good think ?
Many Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
At the end of the 12 months period, the subscription ends and Akeeba Subscriptions will deal with it based on how you configured it. Most likely, it will send a notification email and if you had been added by Akeeba Subscriptions to a user group at the beginning of the subscription, you will be removed from that group.
If you use the PayPal recurring payment plugin, just before the subscription end, HikaShop will receive a notification from PayPal that the additional payment has been made and it will extend the subscription period in Akeeba Subscription and create a confirmed order in HikaShop for the payment.
I think that it's a good idea to run the subscriptions through HikaShop yes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
in first of all really many thanks for explaination, then, please
if you're using the user group after purchase option of HikaShop to do that adding, it won't remove that at the end of the subscription
Where can I find more informations about that option?
Can you give me any examples on how and when use/can be useful that option?
Many Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We didn't write any documentation for that option yet.
If you enable the hikashop user group after purchase plugin, you will get the user group after purchase area at the bottom of the product edition page.
That's usual used to have the customers pay to get access to things on the website without any time limit.
For example, if you want to give a 10% discount on all the products only for the customers who previously bought the "premium pack" product. Or to give access to a download area if the user buys a "download access" pass. Or access to joomla articles, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Why not use Akeeba Subscription for your examples ?
May be Is that the difference?without any time limit
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
joomleb wrote: If I understood:
first I need to create subscriptions in Akeeba Subscriptions (for example for 12 months)
then, I create the products "subscription" in HikaShop assigning them to subscription in Akeeba Susbcriptions using the subscription option added to my products by the HikaShop Akeeba Subscriptions integration plugin and set minimun and maximum quantity as 1, because the periode value is established by Akeeba subscription (12 months)
What's happen if I don't fix the maximum quantity and for ex. I buy 3 HikaShop "subscription" ?
Will The expiration time begin 12 months x 3 = 36 and all rules follow that period ?
Can it run correctly or set minimun and maximum quantity as 1 is a must ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The best way to restrict that, is to create a new limit (HikaShop > Products > Limit in the toolbar).
Create a limit on the product "subscription" and limit the quantity to 1 for the user.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
really many thanks for support. Please,
Can you explain me better? I don't understand.Xavier wrote: The best way to restrict that, is to create a new limit (HikaShop > Products > Limit in the toolbar.
Create a limit on the product "subscription" and limit the quantity to 1 for the user.
Do you mean 3 times, or 3 pieces (quantity)?Xavier wrote: If you don't fix the maximum quantity, if you buy 3 times the same subscription so the period of validity is multiplied by 3
What's happen if I bought a "subscription" (12 months) and before the expiration, like for ex. after 6 months, I'll buy another "piece" of "subscription" (12 months)?
Will I be able to buy it?
What will happen close to expiring ? (also thinking to use the PayPal recurring plungin)
Is there a way to set discounts on quantity?
like 1 month = 10 - 9 months = 90 - 12 months = 100 instead of 120
After that, the most important thing:
I'll sell "subscriptions" that have a month cost.
But, when buying if users are not yet subcribers (at the moment of buying), so if they are not renewing "subscription", but they are buying one subscription (for me is not important if is the firs or second time, if they were been "subscribers"), User have fixed cost in plus, for example:
1 month = 10 ...so, if I'm yet "subscriber" and I'm renewing for 10 months it will cost 100
but, if I'm not a "subscriber" or I was been a "subscriber" but I'm not right now, if I want buy 10 months they don't cost 100 but 100 + a fixed cost like 50 (for ex.) = 150
Please, Do you have any suggestion for me on how to manage subscriptions like that ?
Really Many Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's the same. If you buy a subscription in three orders (with the same user account) or that you buy the subscription with a quantity of 3 in one order, in both cases you will get one subscription for the user account with the period going to 3 times the period set in the subscription in akeeba.
Yes, you can buy the subscriptions whenever you want. That will simple extend the subscription period.
Close to expiring, HikaShop doesn't do anything. That's akeeba that you can configure to notify the user that the subscription period is closing soon for his account.
You sure can set discounts on quantity in HikaShop. Simply enter several unit prices in the product and define the minimum quantity for each.
If you want to add a fixed cost for the first purchase, you can use shipping methods for that if you are not doing any reccurring.
For example, you could have two products linked to the subscription and only display one of the two on the frontend for the first sale and that product would have a shipping of 50 while the other which would be given to the user in the renewal email notification of akeeba would not have shipping costs.
In recurring mode, PayPal requires you to have the same amount for all the transactions so I don't think that it's possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This is the way you manage Hikashop selling?you could have two products linked to the subscription and only display one of the two on the frontend for the first sale and that product would have a shipping of 50 while the other which would be given to the user in the renewal email notification of akeeba would not have shipping costs.
In recurring mode, PayPal requires you to have the same amount for all the transactions so I don't think that it's possible.
(I think what I'm asking is the same thing you and most of joomla components software houses do: buy a product at a value for a period, one year, and renew it at a less prices)
Why not use the "Upgrade Rules" from Akeeba subscription?
Take a look on Akeeba subscription guide pag. 16
If I add an Akeeba Upgrade Rule to an Akeeba subscription plan, Are they applied during the HikaShop buying using Akeeba Subscription plugin?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We have our own extension to manage HikaShop subscriptions.
And yes, that's what we do. We have a main product which costs €99.9 and the another product which costs €20 for the renewal. And in the renewal email there is a link to renew which leads to the €20 renewal product.
I don't think that the rules are applied by Akeeba Subscriptions on the subscription price if you buy a product attached to a subscription in HikaShop.
We don't do anything on that end in HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't think that the rules are applied by Akeeba Subscriptions on the subscription price if you buy a product attached to a subscription in HikaShop
Do you mean that I have to try, or that it will not work ?
We don't do anything on that end in HikaShop.
This is why because I think that have HikaShop works with Akeeba "Upgrade Rules" is a must.
The real Akeeba subscription / HikaShop integration that finally bring all Subcription features into HikaShop component
No hope to see them soon really integrated?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We're just using the standard API of Akeeba Subscriptions to retrieve the subscriptions in Akeeba subscriptions (the code we use was given by the developers of Akeeba Subscriptions). If it doesn't work, it would require the see with the developer of AS what code should be used.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.