- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 7
Inclusive custom fields and filters
13 years 9 months ago #82938
by lcoombes
Inclusive custom fields and filters was created by lcoombes
Hi there. My client has products (industrial machinery parts) with custom fields such as 'Maximum RPM'. Values for this can range from 100, 200, 300, 600 or 800. Now, a product that has a maximum RPM of 800 can also have an RPM of just 100 (and any RPM between 0 and 800). Whereas a product with a maximum RPM of 300 cannot have a RPM of 800.
How do I set up a fieldset and filter, so that if a customer clicks 400 in the RPM field, other products with a higher RPM still appear, but products with a lesser RPM do not?
How do I set up a fieldset and filter, so that if a customer clicks 400 in the RPM field, other products with a higher RPM still appear, but products with a lesser RPM do not?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #83007
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Inclusive custom fields and filters
Hi,
You should change your custom field to a multi select or checkbox custom field and instead of selecting the max RPM, you should select the "valid" RPMs for the product. Then, your filter on that custom field would behave the way you want.
You should change your custom field to a multi select or checkbox custom field and instead of selecting the max RPM, you should select the "valid" RPMs for the product. Then, your filter on that custom field would behave the way you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #83098
by lcoombes
Replied by lcoombes on topic Inclusive custom fields and filters
Thanks Nicolas. I've set up the custom field and filter as you suggest, but the filter is not appearing on the category listing and I can't understand why. I've done screengrabs of all the setup pages and the category listing page - can you have a quick look and see if I've done anything wrong?
Many thanks! All the best - Leo
Many thanks! All the best - Leo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #83240
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Inclusive custom fields and filters
Hi,
I don't see anything wrong in them. Maybe the "dynamic filter" option should be turned off ? Maybe it comes from the category restrictions of your filter/custom field ?
I don't see anything wrong in them. Maybe the "dynamic filter" option should be turned off ? Maybe it comes from the category restrictions of your filter/custom field ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #83736
by lcoombes
Replied by lcoombes on topic Inclusive custom fields and filters
Thanks Nicolas! Happy New Year to you! Unfortunately, none of your suggestions have worked. Could I PM you the login details for you to have a look? Many thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #83851
by lcoombes
Replied by lcoombes on topic Inclusive custom fields and filters
I've solved it!
In the Filter module, under Basic Options, I hadn't selected the filters I wanted to be displayed. Whoops!
Thanks anyway!
In the Filter module, under Basic Options, I hadn't selected the filters I wanted to be displayed. Whoops!
Thanks anyway!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds