- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 1
Tracking Referrals and Lead information
13 years 8 months ago #86063
by btbjosh
— Josh
Tracking Referrals and Lead information was created by btbjosh
Is there a way in either Essential or Business edition to capture cookie information for tracking how a buyer got to the site? I currently do this with Google analytics and capture the data in forms on my website for our form submissions, but I need this information to be exported with the orders so I know where they came from on the web.
How do I accomplish this with HikaShop?
Thanks,
Josh
How do I accomplish this with HikaShop?
Thanks,
Josh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86136
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
What do you do exactly when you say that : "I currently do this with Google analytics and capture the data in forms on my website for our form submissions" ?
Did you add some code somewhere in the forms of your website ?
There is no option in HikaShop to do that but maybe adding something similar as what you did on your website to HikaShop would help ?
Did you add some code somewhere in the forms of your website ?
There is no option in HikaShop to do that but maybe adding something similar as what you did on your website to HikaShop would help ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86144
by btbjosh
— Josh
Replied by btbjosh on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
Yes, I have a hidden field on the form that processes the cookie that Google Analytics drops on the end user. I would say that this could be done with the custom fields but i'm not sure without doing some hacking into the hikashop.
Can I export custom fields with an orders export?
What does the Google Analytics provide the Business version? I looked up the docs on the site, but they're somewhat limited on that feature.
Thanks,
Can I export custom fields with an orders export?
What does the Google Analytics provide the Business version? I looked up the docs on the site, but they're somewhat limited on that feature.
Thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86437
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
Hi,
Yes, if you have custom fields of the table "order" you can see them in the export of your orders as a specific column.
You can fill them during the checkout by forcing the default value of the fields in the file "fields" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views. And you can hide the fields with CSS. That should be enough for your tracking.
The Google Analytics function in the Business edition sends the orders data to Google Analytics when orders are confirmed. That data is then used in the Ecommerce section of your Google Analytics account to produce statistics on your sales.
Yes, if you have custom fields of the table "order" you can see them in the export of your orders as a specific column.
You can fill them during the checkout by forcing the default value of the fields in the file "fields" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views. And you can hide the fields with CSS. That should be enough for your tracking.
The Google Analytics function in the Business edition sends the orders data to Google Analytics when orders are confirmed. That data is then used in the Ecommerce section of your Google Analytics account to produce statistics on your sales.
The following user(s) said Thank You: btbjosh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86440
by btbjosh
— Josh
Replied by btbjosh on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
That sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the tips, Nicolas! I'll see what I can do.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93518
by btbjosh
— Josh
Replied by btbjosh on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
Hey Nicolas,
I have the tracking code written up in Javascript, yet I'm not too familiar with how PHP works with JS. So In that view, how do I define my function and calls to it?
I have the tracking code written up in Javascript, yet I'm not too familiar with how PHP works with JS. So In that view, how do I define my function and calls to it?
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by btbjosh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93809
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
If you want to get the data in the cookies in PHP, you can simply look at the $_COOKIE variable. It contains an array of all the cookies sent to the server by your browser. I invite you to do a var_dump of that variable to see what you get.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93895
by btbjosh
— Josh
Replied by btbjosh on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
I guess I need to learn PHP now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93939
by btbjosh
— Josh
Replied by btbjosh on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
I have some PHP code working and adding the info to NEW hidden fields. But I'm a little unclear how to apply those values to the fields that are generated by the php in fields in this section:
EDIT:
Ha. I just used Javascript to set the value of the custom field. That works!
Code:
<?php
if(!empty($this->extraFields['order'])){
JRequest::setVar('hikashop_check_order',1);
$this->setLayout('custom_fields');
$this->type = 'order';
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
?>
EDIT:
Ha. I just used Javascript to set the value of the custom field. That works!
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by btbjosh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #96413
by btbjosh
— Josh
Replied by btbjosh on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
If I wanted to generate a report (an export of all order information including my custom fields) for the last 24 hours, how would I go about setting that up?
I really need my serial data to be present as well, if possible.
I really need my serial data to be present as well, if possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #96752
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Tracking Referrals and Lead information
It will be possible with next version of HikaSerial. The serials will be added to the orders export of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds