- Posts: 125
- Thank you received: 1
hikashop URL
- Konstantin1996
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 4 months ago #201623
by Konstantin1996
hikashop URL was created by Konstantin1996
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.0
Hello!
How can i remove "HikaShop" from the URLS?
Regards,
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.0
Hello!
How can i remove "HikaShop" from the URLS?
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
11 years 4 months ago #201627
by serbofleconcepts
Replied by serbofleconcepts on topic hikashop URL
Yes, I'd like to know the answer to this too. It appears in the format .../component/hikashop/fire-displayport-cable-x10m whereas if I select the product directly on hikashop or via search the it appears in this format .../products/cables/fire-displayport-cable-x10m.
Thanks
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Konstantin1996
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #201630
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic hikashop URL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
11 years 4 months ago #201702
by serbofleconcepts
Replied by serbofleconcepts on topic hikashop URL
Hi Xavier, I don't think the solution you posted above will work on my site as I'm using the carousel and it's not going to be easy to generate HikaShop menu items when the carousel products are selected automatically?
I've PM'd you a URL to my pre-prod site so you can see what I mean.
Thanks
I've PM'd you a URL to my pre-prod site so you can see what I mean.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #201703
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic hikashop URL
Hi,
First ; please do not use private message with the HikaShop team ; they are just useless because right now I can't have access to the PM you sent to Xavier so I won't be able to provide the appropriate support.
You can use the "contact us" forum with a link to the corresponding forum thread ; that's much better for everyone.
And yes, the solution that Xavier gave is the right one ; you can associate a menu to a product listing module in carousel mode. Thanks to that menu, you will have nice and SEF urls.
You just have to configure the module with a correct menu.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...es-form.html#details
Regards,
First ; please do not use private message with the HikaShop team ; they are just useless because right now I can't have access to the PM you sent to Xavier so I won't be able to provide the appropriate support.
You can use the "contact us" forum with a link to the corresponding forum thread ; that's much better for everyone.
And yes, the solution that Xavier gave is the right one ; you can associate a menu to a product listing module in carousel mode. Thanks to that menu, you will have nice and SEF urls.
You just have to configure the module with a correct menu.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...es-form.html#details
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: serbofleconcepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
11 years 4 months ago #201878
by serbofleconcepts
Replied by serbofleconcepts on topic hikashop URL
OK, so I didn't know that, sorry.
The link above states ...
In the settings of your module displaying the listing of the products on the main page, you have to select a valid menu for the "menu" option, the menu must be a hikashop product listing menu type.
I'm not using the HikaShop menu type, but the std Joomla ones.
I will have a go at setting the canonical URL in the products page for just the featured products on the carousel.
The link above states ...
In the settings of your module displaying the listing of the products on the main page, you have to select a valid menu for the "menu" option, the menu must be a hikashop product listing menu type.
I'm not using the HikaShop menu type, but the std Joomla ones.
I will have a go at setting the canonical URL in the products page for just the featured products on the carousel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
9 years 11 months ago #252467
by serbofleconcepts
Replied by serbofleconcepts on topic hikashop URL in carousel
Hello, I've recently updated to the latest HikaShop version and noticed that the canonicsl URLs which have been specified on the product page (as per your previous recommendations) are no longer being shown on any of the products on the carousel?
Has something changed in this respect?
Has something changed in this respect?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #252468
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic hikashop URL in carousel
Hi,
Not that we know of. Make sure that the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting is activated.
Also, when you say "carousel" are you talking about a HikaShop content module configured as a carousel ?
Because if it's a third party carousel module, then it might come from the module itself and not from something on our end.
Not that we know of. Make sure that the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting is activated.
Also, when you say "carousel" are you talking about a HikaShop content module configured as a carousel ?
Because if it's a third party carousel module, then it might come from the module itself and not from something on our end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
9 years 11 months ago #252642
by serbofleconcepts
Replied by serbofleconcepts on topic hikashop URL in carousel
I can confirm that I've set force canonical URLs to 'use canonical url if specified' and I'm using the carousel as hikashop module (not sure what you mean by third party - it came as part of HikaShop?)
I would like to fix this issue so if you could take another look at it please on leconcepts.com
I would like to fix this issue so if you could take another look at it please on leconcepts.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #252663
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic hikashop URL in carousel
Hi,
One of your products in the carousel module on your frontpage has the URL:
If I look at the HTML of that page, I don't see any canonical tag in the header of the page.
When a product has a canonical URL, HikaShop will add the canonical tag to the header of the product page, regardless of how HikaShop is configured. So either you don't have a canonical URL set in that product, or you have customized the product page to remove the code which adds the canonical URL to the header at the top of the file "show" of the view "product":
One of your products in the carousel module on your frontpage has the URL:
Code:
http://leconcepts.com/component/hikashop/yamaha-rx-a2060-aventage-9-2-black-receiver
If I look at the HTML of that page, I don't see any canonical tag in the header of the page.
When a product has a canonical URL, HikaShop will add the canonical tag to the header of the product page, regardless of how HikaShop is configured. So either you don't have a canonical URL set in that product, or you have customized the product page to remove the code which adds the canonical URL to the header at the top of the file "show" of the view "product":
Code:
if(!empty($this->canonical)) {
$doc = JFactory::getDocument();
$doc->addCustomTag('<link rel="canonical" href="'.hikashop_cleanURL($this->canonical).'" />');
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds