- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Checkout issue, taxes, email
I am having a problem where if a customer goes through checkout to the point of getting to the paypal site and then hits the back button, the contents of the cart change. Usually it will just double one or two of the items. Any ideas?
During checkout if a customer is already registered and tries to login, if they hit the enter button after entering their password, they get an error dialogue instead of just moving to the next page. It's my instinct to hit enter rather than pressing the button with the mouse so I'm just worried this would confuse the customer.
2 more things-is there anyway to demo the email features that come with the essential edition? And if I purchase essential, do I have to pay taxes on it (I live in New York)?
Thanks so much for all your help so far.
--Jeremiah
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop keeps all your carts in the database. When an order finishes and that you are redirected to paypal, your current cart is deleted. When you come back to your website, your last unordered cart is loaded. So that's normal.
I just tried to hit enter on our demo website after entering the username and the password on the checkout screen and it worked as expected. Which browser are you using ? Do you have the same problem with another browser ? Do you have the problem on our demo website ?
You can access the emails edition via the menu System->Emails on our demo website's backend.
You won't pay taxes as you are outside Europe. The system will remove the tax once you enter your address.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your help.
I went ahead and purchased the essential edition. How can I see/set up the confirmation email that will go out to my customers?
I am still having checkout issues in that if I go through the whole process until I exit to Paypal and then hit the back button on my browser, it throws random stuff in to the cart which you say is normal, but it also sometimes deletes the shipping altogether. This then carries over to the Paypal checkout and so I risk shipping not being paid. Any ideas? I did the same thing on your demo site and had no problem.
As far as logging in to an existing acct and getting an error message when I hit enter, I am using Firefox and Safari and I get the message "Please enter a value for the field Name" if I press enter instead of the button.
Also, is there any way once a person adds something to their cart to stop the characteristic/variant from returning to the default? And how do I prevent the stock count from appearing on the product page?
Thanks in advance and great product!
--Jeremiah
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the shipping and the fieldname error, could you give us a link to your website so that we can reproduce the problems ?
For the variants issue, I recall that we fixed such problem in the latest version that we released few days ago (1.4.
All the text in HikaShop, including the stock number display, can be changed by overriding your translation file in the config under the tab languages:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the other tips.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the other problem, it's indeed a problem actually. That' would require additional javascript code (a function and a call to it for each input field of each form) to handle the enter key based on which input were filled last. We'll look at that when we have some time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can custom all the texts in hikashop by overriding your translation file via the interface in the config under the tab languages. There, you can edit the string BEST_REGARDS_CUSTOMER to change the bottom of the emails.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As far as the variations-if I go to a page and want a shirt that is men's large, I pick it in the drop down but as soon as I add it to the cart it defaults back to men's medium.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ah yeah, that's because the page needs to be reloaded. If you change the option "After a product is added to the cart" to "stay and display a popup notice" you won't get redirected and it will be like on our demo website: www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=57&lang=en
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, is there a way to include the size of an item purchased in the outgoing confirmation email?
Also, this appears after the order number in confirmation emails sent to customers-( thedeligrocery.com/index.php?option=com_...=order&task=show&cid []=38 )
How can I get rid of this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can just turn on the option "Append characteristics value to product name" in the config under the tab display and the values selected will be added automatically to the name of your products on the cart and in the email.
For the URL, you can go in the menu System->Emails, edit your order creation email and remove the code below:
$config =& hikashop::config();
if($config->get('simplified_registration',0)!=2){
$url .= ' ( '.$data->order_url.' )';
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/business.html
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop.html
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-email-form.html
I even told you so in a previous post: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...l.html?lang=en#11720
The essential edition offers several things which the starter edition doesn't. You can find a list here: www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/essential.html
We'll try with firefox then.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.