Shipping Module

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #992

I have set up a shipping method based on weight. You can view it at essentialsoffirefighting.com/shipping.jpg . When you check out of the store it is not displaying any shipping choices or sending any shipping fees to cart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #995

Did you put a weight on your products ?
Do you have the manual shipping methods plugin published ?

13 years 5 months ago #999

Yes I put weights on all the products. Yes the shipping plugin is enabled. Thanks for your help. Melanie

13 years 5 months ago #1010

If the system can't find any suitable shipping method, it should display you an error message. It won't if your template does not include the jdoc include code, could you check on that: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/61.html

If that doesn't solve the problem, could you do a screenshot of the whole checkout page where it doesn't work ?

13 years 5 months ago #1034

I added the code that you mentioned and I still don't get an error message. What page should the shipping be on? I go through the whole checkout process without an error or shipping charges.

Melanie

13 years 5 months ago #1036

If you can finish the checkout process it means that the system thinks your order doesn't need shipping. Either you removed the shipping view from the checkout workflow in the configuration, or your products do not have a weight ( or a weight so small the system associates it with 0...for example, if your product weights 0.01 grams ). If your products have variants/characteristics, you might need to set the weight for each variant.

13 years 5 months ago #1038

Is the weight in grams or pounds?

13 years 5 months ago #1042

You can choose that.

13 years 5 months ago #1046

Where do you choose the weight for shipping?

13 years 5 months ago #1047

when you enter a weight in HikaShop next to it you can choose the unit.
The possible units in there can be changed in the configuration : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/54.html#main

13 years 5 months ago #1516

I have been trying for over a week to get the shipping to work with no luck. I could really use some help. I would like to purchase and install the business but I don't see that happening without a working shipping module.

My shipping method can be viewed by clicking [url=http://http://essentialsoffirefighting.com/shipping2.jpg]here[/url] or pasting essentialsoffirefighting.com/shipping2.jpg in your browser.

Any help is appreciated.

13 years 5 months ago #1524

Could you look at the FAQ there: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ual-listing.html#faq ?

Please go step by step and check that everything is ok. If that's the case and that it's still not working, please provide us an access to your website and we'll look at it. You can send the information to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

13 years 5 months ago #1530

The problem was that you set invalid weight units in the configuration page:
"Weight symbols : You can set here the possible weight symbols in your store. The only possible values are : g kg lb oz. Those values can be converted automatically between each other in the system. So, for example, you can restrict a shipping method to orders with a weight lower than 5kg and have your products weight in lb. The conversion will be done automatically."
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/54.html#main
I restored them and it's working.

We'll need to add some check on them to avoid such mistakes in the future.

13 years 5 months ago #1535

I am still not sure what I did but wanted to post a BIG THANK YOU for fixing the cart. I have found your service to be very quick and efficient.

Melanie

13 years 5 months ago #1537

Well, you just put inches and lbs instead of in and lb in the config. The system didn't understand them and the conversion of units wasn't possible resulting in the system believing there was no weight for your products.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds