- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 1
Taxes apply
- nojunkgoodfood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.26
Hi
I want to create a tax category (22%) for :
1. EU individuals
2. Italian Companies
And no tax to:
1. Except EU individuals
2. Except Italian Companies
I can do the restrictions but I can not do all restrictions together. Any suggestion how to do it?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Note that you can restrict your taxes regarding your customer Billing address and user group.
So you'll just have to create a tax that will apply to :
- EU and Italian addresses
- Individuals and Companies user groups.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nojunkgoodfood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 1
1. EU individuals
2. Italian Companies
So I restrict:
Zone: Europe
Customer type: "Individual" and "Companies with VAT"
but how to include ONLY Italians "Companies with VAT"?
The above configuration includes and other EU countries companies.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You just have to configure several tax rules:
One for the individuals and the Europe zone
One for the companies and the Italy zone
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nojunkgoodfood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 1
So in one tax rule I must have all restrictions.
Or how else can apply 2 rules in products?
I asked an accountant and told me that this is the standard way of selling goods in EU, so I suppose that this will be a guide for others with the same problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No, the products must have the same tax rate, not the same tax rule.
So you can create two tax rules using the same tax rate. That will work.
That's what everyone in EU using HikaShop does, and no other accountant had a problem with that. We do it on our own website using HikaShop and we are also based in the EU. I can guarantee you that we checked with our own accountant before implementing that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nojunkgoodfood
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 1
It was so simple and I lost there in taxes!
The key was , THE SAME tax category!
To make it simpler for other users I made as you said:
1. One default tax Category with Italian VAT rate.
2. Two tax rules with the same above tax category and the restrictions:
a. Zone: Europe, Customer Type: Individual
b. Zone: Italy, Customer Type: Company with VAT Number
So only EU individuals and Italian companies will pay VAT
As far as it concerns the Hikashop, I have test it a lot in U.S. e-shops and I am convinced that it is by far the best Joomla cart component.
Best Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 606
- Thank you received: 13
The end goal is;
All UK pays 20% VAT
EU individuals & businesses pay 20% VAT
EU VAT registered businesses with a valid VAT number pay 0% VAT
I have followed the previous thread but exchanged Italy for UK but cannot get Hikashop to add or remove the VAT as required for the Europe? is there another setting I am missing somewhere?
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- one for the UK country zone with your 20% tax rate for the default tax category
- one for the Europe tax zone (remove the UK from it) only for the type of clients individual and company without vat number, again, with your 20% tax rate for the default tax category
Then, make sure that the address_company and address_vat fields are activated and that the products as assigned to the default tax category and that should be it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 606
- Thank you received: 13
Yes that is one of the ways I have tried to get this to work as I would have expected this to be the preferred method. The problem appears to be that 'individuals' in the Europe zone allow purchases to be tax free which is incorrect, the only way I can get the cart to charge VAT for individuals in Europe is to select 'all customer types'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Put it back to "individuals" as it is by default and it will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 606
- Thank you received: 13
I now have a little problem as the 'default address type' has vanish from my config menu after making the change?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's normal. We've actually removed that option as people were changing it without knowing what they were doing.
It now only displays if you update HikaShop and had set it up to something else than 'individual' (because then we assume that you know what you were doing but we still give you the possibility to set it back to "individual").
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My configuration:
Address used for taxes: Billing Address
2 Taxes: Same Category, Same Tax rate, 2 diferent zones:
- Europe no Spain: Individuals, Companies without VAT number
- Spain: All customer types
But when I use a French or Italian billing address at checkout, VAT don't apply.
Where can I look my "default customer type" configuration? because I can't find it at Hikashop Configuration
Thanks in advice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said in my previous message, that option has been removed so that you can't mess with it.
So it's normal that you don't have it, and the problem doesn't come from that.
If it works fine for Spain but not France, it's likely that the problem comes from the way you setup the Europe_no_spain zone.
Make sure that it is of the type "tax zone" and that it contains the countris you want as "sub zones".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is this the correct behaviour?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It has to come from one of the points in:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ion-listing.html#faq
Please check each point.
If you don't find anything and you have a commercial edition of HikaShop, please provide a backend access and a link to this thread via our contact form ( www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html ) and we'll check your settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes it indeed the correct behaviour.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where can I change the implementation of this behaviour in our proper manner?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.