Skip to main content

Gzip

More
15 years 7 months ago #9521 by meqrinda
Gzip was created by meqrinda
Is there a Gzip that works with Hikashop.

Any suggestions for a Exstension to use?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #9522 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Gzip
What do you mean ?
gzip is a compression tool. I don't see the relation with ecommerce ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #9528 by meqrinda
Replied by meqrinda on topic Re: Gzip
I have experienced some Gzip compression extensions that broke other extensions.

Just asking if there is any gzip extensions i should avoid?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #9536 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Gzip
We didn't test any so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #78289 by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Gzip
While reading through the google webmaster tools I used the Page Speed Insights and it was recommended to use GZip. There is the Joomla Gzip option within joomla admin as well as the Gzip option within my template. If used, will this negatively effect Hikashop? Thank you. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #78291 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Gzip
Hi,

I don't think it would generate problems with HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #78300 by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Gzip
Ok, thank you. My site isn't too heavy, but I have a modified rocketheme template and they can be heavy. After researching through Google and Bing webmaster tools, I fixed a couple of things. Instead of adding any additional extensions I added the code below to solve google recommendations I went under developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed Leverage browser caching and dropped the code below into my .htaccess file. I'm going to test out the GZip option to see if I can minimize css and .js load time. I'll post results. Anything you can recommend would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to clean everything up as much as possible to give my site the best chance in google organic rankings.


## EXPIRES CACHING ##
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 week"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 week"
</IfModule>
##
##ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
##ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
##ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
##
## EXPIRES CACHING ##

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum