- Posts: 136
- Thank you received: 1
RSS xml Feed
I'm wanting to generate an XML feed to provide to various websites that will be featuring products that we list on our website.
Do you know of any Joomla extensions that work well with Hikashop or alternatively is there a plugin that generates a feed?
The information I'm wanting to extract is product name, price, description & sale end date.
Only for products in a certain category.
Is that possible?
Thanks in advance,
Jacqueline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop can generate RSS feeds for your listings of products. You need to activate it in the Display tab of the configuration. There is no need to install anything. That is available only since 1.5.1 release.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have just installed and am going through version 1.5.2.
I am wanting to enable the RSS feed for only products that are in a certain category. Is this possible?
I've set the settings as per the screenshot attached, however I'm not sure where to go from here. I've looked through the documentation with no luck.
Thanks again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Once you enable it, your users should be able to subscribe to your RSS feeds.
There is no option to just enable it for some categories and not others.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
How exactly do our users subscribe to receive the feed?
Thanks
Jacqueline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ng&Itemid=90&lang=en
With Firefox 4, you can go in the menu Firefox->Bookmarks->Subscribe to this page in order to subscribe to the RSS feed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for this. I have subscribed to the feed for your demo site. But am unable to configure mine correctly.
I have attached screenshots of 1 - my configuration & 2 - the result when i try to subscribe to my own feed.
I'm also quite interested in the image slider you have on your demo. Is there any documentation on this?
Thanking you,
Jacqueline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The configuration is correct though.
There is no documentation for the image slider on our website. We use this slider extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-...ages-slideshow/13119 and its documentation is available on the page dj-extensions.com/dj-image-slider/blog
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you give the URL of that page ?
Also, could you edit the file libraries/joomla/document/document.php and change the line:
JError::raiseError(500,JText::_('Unable to load renderer class'));
to:
JError::raiseError(500,JText::_('Unable to load renderer class '.$path));
and do a new screenshot of the page ?
The error message should include the file path which couldn't be loaded.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have attached a new screenshot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try to replace the code:
$desc = JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$desc));
by:
$desc = preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$desc);
in the files components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.feed.php and components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.feed.php and then try again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This is great thank you. The feed appears to be working.
Now I just need to tweak it as I'm only wanting products in a certain category to appear. I'm also wanting to pull certain information, such as my additional fields.
Is there any way I can customise this from here?
Thank you so much,
Jacqueline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's not possible to pull other fields in the RSS feed item description. RSS only allows a limited number of information. That would mean that you would have to put your fields data in the description via some custom code. However, joomla does not offer any override mechanism for feeds so you can't override the description unless you edit core files of HikaShop but that means that you will have to reapply your modifications, each time you update...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for all your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks to give more details for "RSS feed is not working properly".
It can probably give us more clues.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Joomla 2.5.14
Hikashop essentials 2.2.1
RSS feed: eshop.evs.sk/index.php?format=feed&type=rss
Atom feed: eshop.evs.sk/index.php?format=feed&type=atom
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am sorry but I can open the "RSS feed" without any problem with Firefox.
I don't have any Atom feed reader so I can't test it.
But the RSS one is right and valid.
So, can you explain what is the problem ?
"Is not working properly" is something subjective because for what I see and what I know, it is working.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.