Skip to main content

Carousel Error Message

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #79517 by dynamicvitality
(I apologize, but I posted this in the wrong area. It was meant for the error/bug section.)

Dear Hikashop,

I get the following:

Fatal error: Call to a member function scaleImage() on a non-object in /home/content/08/8890808/html/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/carousel.php on line 47

I have never modified carousel.php in any way. Attached is the setup I tried:

imgur.com/z5lX4

It seems to be a problem with the "thumbnail" function.
Thank you.
Carey
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by dynamicvitality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #79539 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Carousel Error Message
Hi,

Please add the line in the product/tmpl/carousel.php file
Code:
$thnumbnailWidth=$this->params->get('pagination_image_width'); $imageHelper = hikashop_get('helper.image'); if(empty($thnumbnailWidth) && empty($thnumbnailHeight)){
It would be fix in the next release of HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #79545 by dynamicvitality
I have overwritten what was similar text in the php file. I Am no longer getting error messages; however, clicking on the thumbnails does not change the items. When set to "dots," clicking does properly change them. Further, the auto slide properly scrolls through the items. But clicking the thumbnail does nothing. Please advise! thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by dynamicvitality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #79546 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Carousel Error Message
Hi,

You have to add the second line. The first and the third line already exist in the file (some lines before the line 47).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #79551 by dynamicvitality
Thanks Jerome, I actually did it correctly right after I made my last post, and then edited it to reflect the new problem. Please read above. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #79707 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Carousel Error Message
Can you give a screenshot of the hikashop options of your products listing and a link to the page where you're displaying it so that we can see what's going on ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #79712 by dynamicvitality
Screenshot here:
imgur.com/aOkzY

Page is at:
www.retreatwell.com/component/hikashop/product/18-sarah-kline

I wasn't sure if this thread was going to be responded to anymore, since it was in the wrong place, so I started a thread in the bug section. I am sorry that there are now 2 duplicate posts. Feel free to delete one. The other is at:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/7...-carousel.html#79700

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #80026 by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Carousel Error Message
Hi there,

It looks like the javascript code for the thumbnails isn't loaded which is really strange.
Are you sure you didn't erased something by mistake? Also, do you have the last Hikashop version?
You can try to reinstall the last version, it should include the fix we gave you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #80725 by dynamicvitality
I certainly didn't change any of the code that relates to the javascript. I will install latest version now. I "presume" that only the default views are changed? The custom ones I have made will not be changed in any way?

PS: Inside Hikashop, it says I have the latest stable version (2.0). The download through my orders is the exact same file size. Is there somewhere specific I must go for the latest hotfix?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by dynamicvitality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #80990 by dynamicvitality
I have solved this problem. Perhaps you can make a note somewhere or find a fix:

The issue arises when trying to place hikashop content modules into product show using "module anywhere" code. It seems to have to do with the order in which elements are loaded.

So this code in the "show" will call on the module, but the javasctipt will be broken: {module myhikashopmodule}

The workaround I discovered is this:

Make a custom field "myhikashopmodule" and for the text us the Module Anywhere code: {module myhikashopmodule}.

In the show.php, a standard custome field insert WILL NOT WORK (<?php echo $this->row->myhikashopmodule; ?>

USE:

<?php
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare', $this->element->myhikashopmodule);
?>

This will cause the javascript to be called upon correctly.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by dynamicvitality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum