Skip to main content

Can't Remove Coupon

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #85348 by fudge4u
Can't Remove Coupon was created by fudge4u
My site will not remove a coupon after it has been added. I tried it for a coupon that is not auto-loaded, but it does not remove it when I click the Remove Button. I am using J! 2.5.8, Business Edition 2.0. Looking at other posts, I cleared the site cache, but that did not resolve it. Site is www.fudgebydesign.com , coupon code to try is "test". It should give $1.00 off.

If I empty the cart and start over, the coupon code clears, but it does the same thing once I add an item and enter the coupon code. I do have AWO Coupon and AWO Tracker installed, but I unpublished both those extensions and it had no effect on trying to remove the coupon. The coupon "test" is a coupon defined in the Hikashop discounts section.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by fudge4u. Reason: additional information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85406 by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi there,

Could you please post a screenshot of your coupon configuration?
If I understand well you want your coupon to be usable only one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85432 by fudge4u
Replied by fudge4u on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Here is the configuration shot of the coupon "test". For testing purposes, I set it for 10 total uses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85585 by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi there,

So what's the problem? Have you used this coupon 10 times?
If not it's normal that you can still use it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85623 by fudge4u
Replied by fudge4u on topic Can't Remove Coupon
I understand that - the behavior of the coupon is working fine, including the number of times that it can be used.

The problem I am having is that a customer cannot remove the coupon from the shopping cart. Once a coupon code is entered at checkout, when the "Remove Coupon" button is clicked, the coupon is not removed. There may be times when a customer has a better coupon to use after a coupon code has already been entered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85663 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi,

Could you re-download HikaShop 2.0 ?
We made some little updates and I have done some things during December to solve this problem.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85712 by fudge4u
Replied by fudge4u on topic Can't Remove Coupon
I downloaded a new file and installed it through the Joomla! extensions manager, but I still cannot remove a coupon once it has been entered in the shopping cart.

I did verify the date of the files in the installer, and they were created 12/12/12, so it appears that I installed the correct file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85765 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can't Remove Coupon
I'm feeling that it might be related to the SEF system. Can you try to turn it off in the Joomla configuration page and see if that helps ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85803 by fudge4u
Replied by fudge4u on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Changing the SEF does not help. I am still not able to remove a coupon in the cart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85818 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi,

In order to make some tests and to solve the problem, we would require an access to your website.
An access to the admin panel in order to check your configuration and a FTP access in order to activate some debug trace and apply a patch.
You send such private information by private message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85913 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi,

Thanks for the accesses.
We made a patch on your website, patch which would be include in the next release of HikaShop.
In the class cart, we replaced
Code:
$old_coupon = $app->getUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.coupon_code',''); if($old_coupon == $new_coupon){ return false; }
By
Code:
$old_coupon = $app->getUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.coupon_code',''); if(!empty($old_coupon) && $old_coupon == $new_coupon){ return false; }
In order to be sure to remove the coupon evenif there is a problem with the session.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fudge4u

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85951 by fudge4u
Replied by fudge4u on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Thank You. Works fine now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #86156 by ces
Replied by ces on topic Can't Remove Coupon
where is this file ? I have the same issue and we already did some change on the code and we don t want to update the code for now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #86158 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi,

The file is the class cart.
You can find the file into : "administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #88469 by av.opticom
Replied by av.opticom on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi,

I tried the above fix, and it didn't work. How do I make sure I have the most recent download of Hikashop Essential? I went through my Orders section at hikashop.com and apparently got the the same version that I already had installed (in Extension Manager: Manage the date shows as June 2012).

Thanks.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #88525 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi,

Which version of HikaShop do you use ?
With some accesses (backend and FTP access which could be sent by private message)), we would be able to check your HikaShop, update it and apply the patch.
If you can wait several little days, we are really near of the new release of HikaShop which is currently in beta version.
Ans for sure, the coupon patch has been include in this new version.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #88830 by av.opticom
Replied by av.opticom on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi Jerome,

Yes I'll just wait for the next version. Thanks.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #88835 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Remove Coupon
Hi Dave,

HikaShop 2.1.0 has been released.
You can download the new version thanks to the "Your subscription" page.
For the moment, the joomla auto update is not activated, that's why you have to download it manually.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum