- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
500 error on password mismatch
We are doing some testing on the flow of checkout and stumbled upon a 500 error when the passwords do not match. When you hit the back button, and fill it out right, it still doesn't take it, but on the third time it will. I saw in the forum that this was a known bug that was fixed some months back but it is happening to me. Based on that post I went in and checked to see if I had somehow modified the view (user - registration) and it is the default value.
I am running the latest version of Hikashop version 2.0.0
Also I checked the same thing on Joomla registration and it seems to work fine.
Any Ideas? See attached error....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It sounds strange indeed. However I can't reproduce the problem on my end so could you please give us link to try?
Alos, are you sure you looked at the right? You know each template has it own view so maybe you made some customization on specific view.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The first thing I checked when I saw the issue was to make sure that joomla core was working correctly and it is. I assume you are making the same call from Hikashop but don't' know for sure that is the case.
As I said below, the only thing I found in the forum about this was a change to the user-registration view could cause an issue. I checked and that is the default view, so I don't know what else to check. The only views I have been changing is the product views.
You can see the problem at www.intheboatshed.com/sandypointboatworks
When you put the wrong passwords in and get the 500 page, hit the back button and try to correct it and you will see some very strange behavior.
Thanks for your help. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Jack
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Have you had a chance to try this just to verify the problem? I have been trying to think of a workaround for the problem but haven't come up with anything.
Regards,
Jack
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried to reproduce the problem on your website and I was not able to. I tried to login with the wrong password and didn't get the 500 error. The back button didn't do anything either.
Could you give more information on how to reproduce the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have done it a dozen times and it always gives the same error.
Simply type hello for a password and Hello1 for the "retype" password and you will see the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The passwords you entered do not match. Please enter your desired password in the password field and confirm your entry by entering it in the confirm password field.
Could you give more information about your browser?
Maybe a video if it doesn't take you too much time... because we definitely can't reach this 500 error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I usually use Chrome, however when I got your message I tried it in IE (both latest available softwares) and I got the same error. I have to figure out how to capture my screen. I have the Adobe Creative suite but it doesn't appear to be able to do screen capture. at least I can't find how.
I will get back to you with screen recording as soon as I figure out what to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jack
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.